2019 Target List

When is the deadline for a recruit to reclassify? Some guy on Twitter is telling me Pember’s offer is contingent upon reclassification

I choose to believe BTO tho

I don't know what BTO is hearing on this, but from what I understand Pember isn't interested in the reclassification route.

When is the deadline for a recruit to reclassify? Some guy on Twitter is telling me Pember’s offer is contingent upon reclassification

I choose to believe BTO tho
That’s not true at all...if Tennessee adds someone and needs the room Pember will reclassify and take a prep year, but if they don’t add anyone else or there is room he will be here next year.

I don't know what BTO is hearing on this, but from what I understand Pember isn't interested in the reclassification route.
He’s 100% ok with it, or redshirting his freshman year as a walk-on...the prep route would seem more likely though. With that said I think the staff will ultimately bring him in next year.

Only 2 guys left on the board are Tyrell Jones & Jason Jitoboh...will be interesting to see if either holds off until spring.

Only 2 guys left on the board are Tyrell Jones & Jason Jitoboh...will be interesting to see if either holds off until spring.

Tyrell Jones committed to Auburn, so only guy left on the board would be Jason Jitoboh...he recently announced he is completely re-opening his recruitment so it sounds like he will be a spring signee. He had an injury that really hurt his stock this summer and I’m guessing the schools that were on his short list probably cooled a bit on him which led to him re-opening things.

He had a really good relationship with Barnes and Tennessee but they elected not to push this fall, will be interesting to see if maybe they decide to pursue him in the spring if they feel they are going to have some room for a 4th signee.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Nice drive and dunk...not sure how Mr. Freeman translates that into "going to be special"? I do trust CRB's evaluations and if he likes a player then CRB's track record says the prospect has a good chance to become a quality SEC player.

Nice drive and dunk...not sure how Mr. Freeman translates that into "going to be special"? I do trust CRB's evaluations and if he likes a player then CRB's track record says the prospect has a good chance to become a quality SEC player.
He’s one of his coaches from Hargrave so I’m guessing he probably was basing it off more than just that dunk.

For sure, but then again the kid is already committed to UT so not at if he’s needing to “prove it” to anyone.
I meant more along the lines of the coach showcasing his players for his own personal benefit, exposure for himself as a coach, exposure for his program/school, etc. For all we know, that may have been the only play Gaines made all day, but the highlight and coach comments lead you to believe he was much more. Could be totally innocuous and he may genuinely believe Gaines will be special. Just saying he probably doesn't have an objective opinion on him.

I really like Gaines and think all he really needs is a year in a college weight program and he will have a productive career at UT

Reactions: Lefteye
For sure, but then again the kid is already committed to UT so not at if he’s needing to “prove it” to anyone.
Agree. Plus, hard to imagine that was his only highlight in that that game. And to declare a kid special(like this coach did) would be a bad look if he wasn’t worth the gambled statement.

Last edited:
Agree. Plus, hard to imagine that was his only highlight in that that game. And to declare a kid special(like this coach did) would be a bad look if he wasn’t worth the gambled statement.

I’m not saying the coach is declaring him the next Kevin Durant, but the coach didn’t sit there and copy and paste this about every guy on the roster so I don’t think he randomly felt the need to showcase a player and chose Gaines to do so, not as if Hargrave Academy isn’t a well known place.

I’m not saying the coach is declaring him the next Kevin Durant, but the coach didn’t sit there and copy and paste this about every guy on the roster so I don’t think he randomly felt the need to showcase a player and chose Gaines to do so, not as if Hargrave Academy isn’t a well known place.
I understand, and wasn’t quoting you insinuating you were.

I just agreed. Anything after the Plus is my own opinion.

Last edited:
That dribble drive and dunk was impressive plus if U have watched the previous of Gaines it is consistent of the athleticism he has previously shown. With an additional 25 to 30 pounds of muscle Gaines has a chance to be "SPECIAL".

This isn’t based on anything other than just a random thought...

Ques Glover is the PG for Bearden, he has offers from: UNC-Asheville, Furman, Vermont, New Mexico State, Bucknell, College of Charleston, Northern Kentucky, Samford, Yale, Loyola Chicago and many more. Obviously this is a MM offer list, my guess is that it’s in large let due to him only being about 5’10”, but he’s shown well at multiple events. He chose not to commit or sign anywhere in the fall, just curious if maybe Tennessee tries to squeeze him in come spring if they have a spot or possibly see if they can convince him to walk-on for a year maybe with our need for guard going forward.

Ques Glover is the PG for Bearden, he has offers from: UNC-Asheville, Furman, Vermont, New Mexico State, Bucknell, College of Charleston, Northern Kentucky, Samford, Yale, Loyola Chicago and many more. Obviously this is a MM offer list, my guess is that it’s in large let due to him only being about 5’10”, but he’s shown well at multiple events. He chose not to commit or sign anywhere in the fall, just curious if maybe Tennessee tries to squeeze him in come spring if they have a spot or possibly see if they can convince him to walk-on for a year maybe with our need for guard going forward.
If he shows out again this season, I could see that happening

Would be awesome to get a walkon of his caliber.

VN Store

Back