2019 Target List

I wish there was a way to consistently find stats on these guys. It's rare to find a place that has good stats for high school basketball. Usually football at least has a number of guys on MaxPreps or something. But it's much harder for basketball.

"They obviously just photoshopped Barnes into the picture. He's sipping mai-tais out by the Gettysvue pool."

-Ziti probably

Visited Tandy tonight, weather didn’t allow staff to see Stewart...staff will be in to see Josiah James and Jalen Lecque tomorrow.

In an interview today Josiah James said he has cut his list, not publicly but has informed schools that he won’t be attending their universities...Tennessee going in home with him still would seem like they’re still involved with him.

Gonna add Malcolm Wilson to the list of targets, Vols set to see him tomorrow while they’re in the Carolina’s.

Don’t believe they have offered but I think as evidenced by their other in homes they only visit guys they are serious about.

Rivals.com

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna add Malcolm Wilson to the list of targets, Vols set to see him tomorrow while they’re in the Carolina’s.

Don’t believe they have offered but I think as evidenced by their other in homes they only visit guys they are serious about.

Rivals.com

Could be fixing to blow up from what I’ve seen.

I didn't believe it at first but someone with knowledge told me UT is very much a favorite for Tandy. If he isn't a take at UK, the chance to play in the SEC, somewhat close to home, and face UK multiple times would be a big draw for him.

I didn't believe it at first but someone with knowledge told me UT is very much a favorite for Tandy. If he isn't a take at UK, the chance to play in the SEC, somewhat close to home, and face UK multiple times would be a big draw for him.

If you read his quotes from the article it’s very easy to believe...as for why, many of the reasons you mentioned, plus I also believe he is kin to Scotty Hopson fwiw.

As for UK, he’s the type of player Cal probably won’t take until spring, so schools like Tennessee need to push him to commit and sign in the fall.

Last edited:
After more digging I would shape the board much more like this...these are guys with firm offers from Tennessee and that have expressed some form of interest in Tennessee...

PG:
#13 Jalen Lecque
#41 Tre Mann
#107 Kira Lewis

SG:
#18 Josiah James
#46 Marcus Watson
#116 Dekeyvan Tandy

SF:
NR Davonte Gaines(#204 by 247)

PF:
#32 Isaiah Stewart
#124 Daniel Ramsey

C:
#80 DJ Burns
NR Jason Jitoboh(#190 by 247)

Guys who aren’t top priorities but I wouldn’t forget their names:
PG: Deuce Dean
SF: Niven Glover
PF: Jared Jones, DJ Thorpe

What about a class of the bolded above?

What about a class of the bolded above?

That would be a very good class...I’m interested where Lewis is on their board. He was one of their first home visits and they are sending full staff again this Wednesday to see him, so he got first visit and first of the second visits...also teammates and friends with DJ Burns, so I’m wondering if those guys haven’t voiced a preference to possibly play together.

If you read his quotes from the article it’s very easy to believe...as for why, many of the reasons you mentioned, plus I also believe he is kin to Scotty Hopson fwiw.

As for UK, he’s the type of player Cal probably won’t take until spring, so schools like Tennessee need to push him to commit and sign in the fall.

I thought it was just Tandy being nice at first. There's no reason to burn bridges or not play the field. But the way he talked about Rick, combined with what I heard a couple days ago makes me think he is very serious about UT.

I wish we would just take a commit like him ala the Derek Willis mold. KY has a few really good players in these classes coming up. I was sad to miss on Bolden, Hollingsworth and a few others recently.

I thought it was just Tandy being nice at first. There's no reason to burn bridges or not play the field. But the way he talked about Rick, combined with what I heard a couple days ago makes me think he is very serious about UT.

I wish we would just take a commit like him ala the Derek Willis mold. KY has a few really good players in these classes coming up. I was sad to miss on Bolden, Hollingsworth and a few others recently.

Could be another Lofton situation.

At the same time if you’re Tandy do you likely want to ride the pine for your first 3 years? Not saying it’s a guarantee he would but Cal will recruit over anyone in the blink of an eye, he doesn’t care, if I was a developmental prospect like Tandy not sure that’s my choice regardless of it being the homeschool or not.

At the same time if you’re Tandy do you likely want to ride the pine for your first 3 years? Not saying it’s a guarantee he would but Cal will recruit over anyone in the blink of an eye, he doesn’t care, if I was a developmental prospect like Tandy not sure that’s my choice regardless of it being the homeschool or not.

Some kids dont mind being a Dominique Hawkins. Some do. Cant blame a kid for wanting to play.

Rob Lewis dropped a bomb tonight on VQ, said Rob Lanier was in Florida yesterday to see Tre Mann and that “things look really good there at the moment”. Apparently Mann was born in Austin, TX and grew up playing youth basketball with Rob Lanier’s son, so that relationship has been there for awhile.

Tre Mann, Villages Charter School, Point Guard

Rivals.com

From the OP main target list...

#13 Jalen Lecque-in home visit
#18 Josiah James-in home visit
#32 Isaiah Stewart-in home visit cancelled(weather)
#41 Tre Mann-in home visit
#46 Marcus Watson-in home cancelled(unknown)
#80 DJ Burns-in home visit,official visit
#107 Kira Lewis-in home visit x 2
#116 Dekeyvan Tandy-in home visit
#124 Daniel Ramsey
#144 Malcolm Wilson-in home visit
NR Jason Jitoboh(#190 by 247)
NR Davonte Gaines(#204 by 247)-UT COMMIT

VN Store

Back