2019 Summer Ball Thread

post of the year right there.........I'm still holding out that ZD starts hitting and I'd still give him every opportunity possible.

well, at least there's two Vol Homers holding out for hope..GO ZACHY AND GO BIG ORANGE!...:D

CTV was on sports talk and they asked what players had changed their summer plans. He said Crochet has a chance to try out for team USA but may also stay on campus or go to the cape. Ferguson was still rehabbing his injury on campus but may go out and play the second half of summer. Walsh is on campus in the weight room. May go to the cape second half as well but they wanted to rest him some.

Reactions: RollerVol
Ammo looking for a free agent type thing from what I hear.
You're kidding??? Lordy, who is advising that kid? Stats don't lie Ammo. You need to come back and prove you can play. Pros clearly spoke by not drafting you that you cannot at this point. And the pros are notorious for drafting anybody they deem as having "potential."

Jake Rucker has now joined Caleb Pearson with the Forest City Owls. Because of today’s rainout, we’re playing a doubleheader Thursday, starting at 5:30. Watch for free at cplbaseball.tv Folks can also follow us on Twitter @forestcityowls

Jake Rucker has now joined Caleb Pearson with the Forest City Owls. Because of today’s rainout, we’re playing a doubleheader Thursday, starting at 5:30. Watch for free at cplbaseball.tv Folks can also follow us on Twitter @forestcityowls

thanks bud...very nice indeed....and,

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: @1RBFjr
Jake is starting in the 5:30 game of today’s doubleheader.

Reactions: StarRaider
Had some free time this week so watched a few streams of Cape games. So far I’ve seen Chase Wallace, Al Soularie and Sean Hunley play. Wallace threw 2 strong innings that I saw and has thrown 4 inn I believe for Orleans with 5Ks and no runs. Soularie looks good, batting over .300. Had a double and a single with a SB for brewster in the game I saw. Hunley got the win in his first start at Brewster yesterday. It was a 7 inn DH game I believe. 4 IP, 1ER and 6K.

Hope these boys can keep it up. So far so good!

Will Heflin is playing up in the cape this summer as well for the Harwich Mariners. There’s a strong presence of vols up in the cape this summer.

Saw where he was playing SS. How did he do there?
He’s doing fine. In that game he made a couple of really good plays, including an incredible deep throw to get the runner, but he also had a couple of errors.

He’s doing fine. In that game he made a couple of really good plays, including an incredible deep throw to get the runner, but he also had a couple of errors.
He’s not a SS especially in the SEC. Doesn’t have good feet. Also too many mental mistakes last year as a MIF. Should play 3B next year. Think he’d perform a lot better there. Put a kid where he would be successful.

He’s not a SS especially in the SEC. Doesn’t have good feet. Also too many mental mistakes last year as a MIF. Should play 3B next year. Think he’d perform a lot better there. Put a kid where he would be successful.
Speaking of Jake’s plays:

I’m not sure you meant it this way, but we want all of our players to develop over the summer. I was told by the school what positions Jake could play over the summer, and I told our head coach. Short was one of them. As a Tennessee alum, I’m happy to have Jake and Caleb on board and we hope they have a great summer.

Speaking of Jake’s plays:

I’m not sure you meant it this way, but we want all of our players to develop over the summer. I was told by the school what positions Jake could play over the summer, and I told our head coach. Short was one of them. As a Tennessee alum, I’m happy to have Jake and Caleb on board and we hope they have a great summer.

Me too. Just watched a lot of their games this year. He’d be in over-his-head at SS playing in SEC. IMO.

VN Store

Back