2019 Summer Ball Thread

zachpack

I searched to make sure we didn’t have a thread on this already but didn’t see anything. If we do, please feel free to use that one and delete this one. A lot of the guys will be heading out this week and some are already playing. Good way to keep up with the boys and how they do this summer.

*** I have seen a few posts scattered around so I’ll try to bring them here. I only know about using copy / paste so if any one knows a better way go right ahead and add em.

Reactions: RollerVol and Freak
Reactions: RollerVol
I searched to make sure we didn’t have a thread on this already but didn’t see anything. If we do, please feel free to use that one and delete this one. A lot of the guys will be heading out this week and some are already playing. Good way to keep up with the boys and how they do this summer.

*** I have seen a few posts scattered around so I’ll try to bring them here. I only know about using copy / paste so if any one knows a better way go right ahead and add em.
I recently moved across from the stadium. Is it possible for fans to watch these kids practice?

[IMG]https://www.volnation.com/forum/data/avatars/m/75/75158.jpg?1540165457[/IMG]
@1RBFjr

40 minutes ago

vol66 said:
Wow, good info!!! Big summer ball fan, keep us updated on Pearson and Rucker!!!
Caleb Pearson is getting the ball for us tonight. You can watch for free at www.cplbaseball.tv and look for Forest City Owls. We’re hosting the Macon Bacon. Game at 7:05. Or try this: Portal

Two former Knights! #ReptheK boys!

There are also 5 Knights on the 17U Platinum team committed to the Vols. I think 4 2020's and a 2021. They'll be in Atlanta this weekend (6.6-6.9), Indianapolis 6.12-6.16, Nashville 6.19-6.23, at UT on 6.25, back to Atlanta for the WWBA Natties 6.28-7.5, Columbia, TN 7.11-7.14, Hoover, AL 7.18-7.21 and back in Nashville 7.25-7.28.

Anymore news on where the other players are going and how are they selected? I’m sure TV wants his players given the opportunity to improve or does the player select which summer team, except the Cape?

CAPE COD LEAGUE - Cape Cod Baseball League: Home

Sean Hunley - Brewster Whitecaps

STATS:

Whitecaps Twitter - Brewster Whitecaps (@WhitecapsCCBL) | Twitter

Garrett Crochet - Harwich Mariners

STATS::

Mariners Twitter - Harwich Mariners (@HarwichMariners) | Twitter

Zach Daniels - Orleans Firebirds

STATS:

Chase Wallace - Orleans Firebirds

STATS:

Firebirds Twitter - Orleans Firebirds (@FirebirdsCCBL) | Twitter
Would be nice if Zach Daniel's could come on and play like he looks. Surprised Vitello hasnt moved on from him.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Would be nice if Zach Daniel's could come on and play like he looks. Surprised Vitello hasnt moved on from him.

He is like my old triumph spitfire I had many years ago. Looked beautiful, ran great about 2 weeks per year but the other 50 weeks it wouldn’t start. Took me 4 years to realize it wasn’t worth having. CTV loves his Triumph.

He is like my old triumph spitfire I had many years ago. Looked beautiful, ran great about 2 weeks per year but the other 50 weeks it wouldn’t start. Took me 4 years to realize it wasn’t worth having. CTV loves his Triumph.

post of the year right there.........I'm still holding out that ZD starts hitting and I'd still give him every opportunity possible.

Anymore news on where the other players are going and how are they selected? I’m sure TV wants his players given the opportunity to improve or does the player select which summer team, except the Cape?

Briefly (and speaking from my personal experience), there are different variables (and variables with schools) with how players end up on summer ball teams.

Our team works to build relationships with the college's coaching staff as well as the players (and their families) who are on our team. Our main recruiters are our coach(es) and my partner and I in the team. Our head coach is a juco assistant coach at a school, so he has lots of contacts. From my end, I'm a UT graduate, so I'm interested in Tennessee guys as well as the other school I graduated from (my partner in the team also likes UT players). I maintain a relationship with one of Serrano's ex assistants who is on the west coach now, and he's sent us players. I've also gotten coaching contacts at other D1 schools, and my partner in the team is the same way (as well as DII and an occassional DIII school). I always confer with our HC- he's the coach, after all- and he makes the call on the players in most regards. For example, I added a new D1 school to our roster this year. That school's HC told me he'd like to place three of his guys with us. I checked with our HC, and we only had one spot available (we already filled the other two positions). Summer placements start early in many circumstances. We've always had players who say they want to come back for a second season with us, and some will come back.

I was contacted by a coach at a D1 school probably three months ago, trying to place some guys, but we were already full and had been so since probably November. I encouraged him to get back with us in the fall.

I can go on, and on, but I need to get back to making a living at this point :)

Seeing a few in the Cal summer league. Elijah Pleasants with Academy. LLip and Christian Scott with Arroyo Secco along with former Vol Wyatt Stapp. Max Ferguson and Trey Lipscomb with Orange County. Ricky with SLO - don’t think so now. Sewell with SLO. Silseth and Pavo with Santa Barbara.

Reactions: RollerVol
UT pitcher Josh Plummer is on the Fayetteville Swampdogs in our league (Coastal Plain League).

VN Store

Back