2019 Season: Favorite Play

Offset Eye

For me, 8:23 in the 3rd QTR vs. South Carolina. UT is down 21-17.

We had just endured an inexcusable, missed facemask call against Fant. South Carolina calls a TO. The crowd is bat shite crazy from the replay, clearly showing a facemask with the ref standing there like Pete Rose. We all know what was going on...

Anyway, before the next play, Jennings basically waves off Pruitt in the huddle and calls the play himself (this is my version of what happened... let me have it). And on 3rd down, JG hits Jennings for the score over the middle in the back of the end zone. Jennings gets blindsided hard enough for the Holy Spirit to get knocked out of him. But the Dude abides. Touchdown... And an arm flex...

And there you have it. My favorite play of 2019.

What's yours?

I’d have to go with the onside kick against IU. We needed it badly, no one outside of the team and coaches expected it. And it was so well executed. But more importantly it proved that Pruitt has a really good football mind and a big set of elephant size balls to go along with the job. A gutsy call

One of my favorite moments of 2019.
giphy.gif

KY goal-line stand because:

1. I think our season would have been team-morale killing had we lost.
2. It shut those blue-lipped wannabes and butt suckers up. Was tired of their badmouthing UT.
3. I enjoyed the taste of my beer better than I would otherwise.
4. I like road killing blue-furred Felis Kentuckus fake cats. My car feels good about it too. So do my Hancock tires

There were so many critical plays throughout the season it’s hard to choose just one. There was no play more critical to a game than the on side kick vs. IU. However imo there was no play more critical to a season than Maurer to Calloway/Jennings vs UGA. Although it was in a losing effort and many won’t want to admit it, that game convinced the players as well as fans that UT was talented enough to play with anyone and set the coarse for the rest of the season.

For me there can be only one from this past season. Late fourth quarter, UK has the ball first and goal. It's an obvious four down situation as UK needs the TD to win the game. 1st and second down go by, they can't get in UT holds.

3rd down and a few yards to the end zone, ball is snapped, UK's QB hands off the ball to their best RB he runs wider left, sees a hole

AND THE VOL'S HENRY TOO'TOO' BREAKS DOWN INTO TEXTBOOK LINEBACKER FORM, FILLS THE HOLE AND DROPS THE RB FOR NO GAIN!!!!

Okay I gotta go run around the block a few times and work this orange bloodlust off. That play is right up there with Eric Berry taking UGA's Knowshow Moreno up into the cheap seats. Those two plays fire me up just thinking about them.

Man op that is a tough one . I'm going to go with the bird touchdown against miss state. Only game I got to attend this year and I was on the 45 yard line 3 rows behind state's bench. I seen it perfect right in front of me . Soon as I cought it I knew he was gone . Next would be warriors pick against Kentucky that saves us the game. And the goal line stand was pretty awesome as well .

Reactions: Offset Eye

VN Store

Back