2019 Season -- Bold Predictions

Okay, here goes. Remember: these are out on the edge of realistic. Some are further out than others.

1. Tennessee will not be the most improved team in the SEC. Judging purely by improvement in #wins, that distinction will go to Arkansas, which will get a +4 regular season result from its 2-10 finish in 2018. The Vols will go +3 (to 8-4 regular season record), one shy of the Hogs.

2. Pruitt will not be SEC Coach of the Year, in spite of a 9-4 finish (including a nice win over Michigan State in the Citrus Bowl). Folks will say a lot of nice things about CJP, but the CoY honors will go to Nick Saban--as they should every year that he continues to dominate the college football landscape. We can hate the red pachyderms all we like, still need to acknowledge that dude is a once-a-generation coach. (okay, this is not a bold prediction until you consider how the media love crowning the "plucky challenger" rather than the boringly-repetitive best guy...what's bold here is that they'll actually recognize Saban as they should've been doing every year for the past decade).

3. Guarantano will not be the highest-rated QB in the SEC. He will be second best. But he will go first among SEC QBs in the draft a few months later, so there's some vindication. In case this point wasn't clear enough: yes, I'm saying JG comes on blue blazes in 2019. Which also implies...

4. Impressive improvement in Tennessee's offensive line play. Somehow things just seem to have 'clicked' for the starting 5+2, and they perform from the very first week like a well-oiled machine. This, more than anything else, brings the Big Orange fan base back from the cliff we've been toeing for the better part of a decade.

5. Florida will challenge Georgia for the East two-thirds of the way through the season, then melt down in dramatic fashion with a 1-3 record in November. The McElwain-like grumbles will start, both among the Gator fan base and the media. The "he never really fit in here" whispers will start. It will be eerie how similar things feel to two years ago.

6. IknoxvolsI will finally admit he's a Florida troll pretending to be a Vol fan, something we've all known for years. Freak will force him to change his name to IwishIcouldbeavolI. He'll stop posting on these boards in protest.

7. Butchna and SJT will hug, KB will become the most optimistic VolNation.com member, Charger will admit he's a smokin-hot 30-year old ex Victoria Secret model pretending to be a dude, and Behr will propose marriage, sight-unseen.

That's probably enough. They're getting weirder as I go along.

Go Vols!

Vols regress, go 4-8, chant for Pruitt’s head.

UT beats UF.

In 2025...then it's a maybe. Since UF became a permanent opponent in 1992, Tennessee has beaten Florida a total of 6 times over the past 26 seasons.

As much as I would enjoy a win against UF, history is not on our side.

Going to be tough for Dormady to beat out JG given Dormady is at Central Michigan. Other than that minor detail I’m sure you are spot on.
Thought he transferred to somewhere in Tx but you are right. Whoever thought he was on the team still must be under a rock.

In 2025...then it's a maybe. Since UF became a permanent opponent in 1992, Tennessee has beaten Florida a total of 6 times over the past 26 seasons.

As much as I would enjoy a win against UF, history is not on our side.

That's why it's bold haha. UF beats UT even when UT is the better team (although that's rarely been the case anyways.)

the OL shows such vast improvement that Friend is offered and accepts an OC position elsewhere. In response, Sam Pittman, missing the working relationship he had with OC JC and wanting to return to Knoxville, accepts the OL coach position at UTK....and continues to be the highest paid OL coach.

Although having never won a single VolNation weekly pick the score contest I will go 13-0 in 2019.

The NCAA will clear Gibbs but not Solomon. Just because we need Solomon more and the NCAA hates us.

BYU' s coaching staff wive's will outnumber our coaching staff wive's 5-1.

At 3-0 we'll be ranked 25th in either the coaches or the AP poll heading into the swamp. Unfortunately the sky will fall and our 4 game losing streak begins.

We will come within 11 points of bama.
Although 6 or 7 previous blatant Defensive Holding and Pass Interference calls will be missed, Juan Jennings will get called for Offensive Pass Interference after stiff-arming a bama DB to the gates of hell on a game changing TD catch.

After failing to win the job at Houston. Graduate transfer Quinten Dormady will feast on the MAC at Central Michigan. There will be a few tireless false equivalency threads disparaging JG during our 4 game losing streak.

At 3-4 with our fan base in total meltdown, and the Fah'r Pruitt screams drowning out hope, the inexplicable happens.Trey Smith is cleared, the light clicks for one of our two 5* freshman tackles and we begin our 5-0 regular season finish.

We obliterate a lower tier Big Ten team in our bowl game to finish 9-4 on a 6 game win streak.

Reminiscent of the great Volnation Sunshine VS Nega message board war of 2016;
Sunshine Pumper VS Negavol battle lines are drawn on VolNation going into Pruitt's critical 2020 3rd year.

A new account JG4Heisman, with a writing style that seems eerily familiar for some strange reason, will emerge and inundate the boards with countless National Champ, future NFL hall of famer, having evaluate tape.... threads

Although having never won a single VolNation weekly pick the score contest I will go 13-0 in 2019.

The NCAA will clear Gibbs but not Solomon. Just because we need Solomon more and the NCAA hates us.

BYU' s coaching staff wive's will outnumber our coaching staff wive's 5-1.

At 3-0 we'll be ranked 25th in either the coaches or the AP poll heading into the swamp. Unfortunately the sky will fall and our 4 game losing streak begins.

We will come within 11 points of bama.
Although 6 or 7 previous blatant Defensive Holding and Pass Interference calls will be missed, Juan Jennings will get called for Offensive Pass Interference after stiff-arming a bama DB to the gates of hell on a game changing TD catch.

After failing to win the job at Houston. Graduate transfer Quinten Dormady will feast on the MAC at Central Michigan. There will be a few tireless false equivalency threads disparaging JG during our 4 game losing streak.

At 3-4 with our fan base in total meltdown, and the Fah'r Pruitt screams drowning out hope, the inexplicable happens.Trey Smith is cleared, the light clicks for one of our two 5* freshman tackles and we begin our 5-0 regular season finish.

We obliterate a lower tier Big Ten team in our bowl game to finish 9-4 on a 6 game win streak.

Reminiscent of the great Volnation Sunshine VS Nega message board war of 2016;
Sunshine Pumper VS Negavol battle lines are drawn on VolNation going into Pruitt's critical 2020 3rd year.

A new account JJG4Heissman, with a writing style that seems eerily familiar for some strange reason, will emerge and inundate the boards with countless National Champ, future NFL hall of famer, having evaluate tape.... threads
I think Tennessee will beat a down Mississippi State team in Neyland Stadium and they will be 4-3 after the Alabama game.

Reactions: MAD
Well, my temperament has been well seasoned over the last millennium it seems. Until further notice, kill f***ing vandy! Damn shame folks!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Lord, hear the prayer of this sinner; imbue the Vols with the power of the Holy Spirit; let them achieve victory in Gainesville, Florida. Amen and pass me an ice cold orange Nehi, if you please.

Satan, Prince of darkness hear this sinners prayer, imbue the Vols with the power of the Holy Spirit; let them achieve victory in Gainesville, Florida. Amen and pass me an ice cold orange Nehi, if you please.

Got is covered on both fronts.....

Satan, Prince of darkness hear this sinners prayer, imbue the Vols with the power of the Holy Spirit; let them achieve victory in Gainesville, Florida. Amen and pass me an ice cold orange Nehi, if you please.

Got is covered on both fronts.....
Young and foolish one, do you not recognize that Nick Saban is Lucifer's Vessel? The indwelling has occurred. Ol' Beelzebub is a Bammer.

VN Store

Back