2019 Season -- Bold Predictions

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Okay, here goes. Remember: these are out on the edge of realistic. Some are further out than others.

1. Tennessee will not be the most improved team in the SEC. Judging purely by improvement in #wins, that distinction will go to Arkansas, which will get a +4 regular season result from its 2-10 finish in 2018. The Vols will go +3 (to 8-4 regular season record), one shy of the Hogs.

2. Pruitt will not be SEC Coach of the Year, in spite of a 9-4 finish (including a nice win over Michigan State in the Citrus Bowl). Folks will say a lot of nice things about CJP, but the CoY honors will go to Nick Saban--as they should every year that he continues to dominate the college football landscape. We can hate the red pachyderms all we like, still need to acknowledge that dude is a once-a-generation coach. (okay, this is not a bold prediction until you consider how the media love crowning the "plucky challenger" rather than the boringly-repetitive best guy...what's bold here is that they'll actually recognize Saban as they should've been doing every year for the past decade).

3. Guarantano will not be the highest-rated QB in the SEC. He will be second best. But he will go first among SEC QBs in the draft a few months later, so there's some vindication. In case this point wasn't clear enough: yes, I'm saying JG comes on blue blazes in 2019. Which also implies...

4. Impressive improvement in Tennessee's offensive line play. Somehow things just seem to have 'clicked' for the starting 5+2, and they perform from the very first week like a well-oiled machine. This, more than anything else, brings the Big Orange fan base back from the cliff we've been toeing for the better part of a decade.

5. Florida will challenge Georgia for the East two-thirds of the way through the season, then melt down in dramatic fashion with a 1-3 record in November. The McElwain-like grumbles will start, both among the Gator fan base and the media. The "he never really fit in here" whispers will start. It will be eerie how similar things feel to two years ago.

6. IknoxvolsI will finally admit he's a Florida troll pretending to be a Vol fan, something we've all known for years. Freak will force him to change his name to IwishIcouldbeavolI. He'll stop posting on these boards in protest.

7. Butchna and SJT will hug, KB will become the most optimistic VolNation.com member, Charger will admit he's a smokin-hot 30-year old ex Victoria Secret model pretending to be a dude, and Behr will propose marriage, sight-unseen.

That's probably enough. They're getting weirder as I go along.

Go Vols!

15-0

National Champs.

Beat Bama Twice.

giphy.gif

Okay, here goes. Remember: these are out on the edge of realistic. Some are further out than others.

1. Tennessee will not be the most improved team in the SEC. Judging purely by improvement in #wins, that distinction will go to Arkansas, which will get a +4 regular season result from its 2-10 finish in 2018. The Vols will go +3 (to 8-4 regular season record), one shy of the Hogs.

2. Pruitt will not be SEC Coach of the Year, in spite of a 9-4 finish (including a nice win over Michigan State in the Citrus Bowl). Folks will say a lot of nice things about CJP, but the CoY honors will go to Nick Saban--as they should every year that he continues to dominate the college football landscape. We can hate the red pachyderms all we like, still need to acknowledge that dude is a once-a-generation coach. (okay, this is not a bold prediction until you consider how the media love crowning the "plucky challenger" rather than the boringly-repetitive best guy...what's bold here is that they'll actually recognize Saban as they should've been doing every year for the past decade).

3. Guarantano will not be the highest-rated QB in the SEC. He will be second best. But he will go first among SEC QBs in the draft a few months later, so there's some vindication. In case this point wasn't clear enough: yes, I'm saying JG comes on blue blazes in 2019. Which also implies...

4. Impressive improvement in Tennessee's offensive line play. Somehow things just seem to have 'clicked' for the starting 5+2, and they perform from the very first week like a well-oiled machine. This, more than anything else, brings the Big Orange fan base back from the cliff we've been toeing for the better part of a decade.

5. Florida will challenge Georgia for the East two-thirds of the way through the season, then melt down in dramatic fashion with a 1-3 record in November. The McElwain-like grumbles will start, both among the Gator fan base and the media. The "he never really fit in here" whispers will start. It will be eerie how similar things feel to two years ago.

6. IknoxvolsI will finally admit he's a Florida troll pretending to be a Vol fan, something we've all known for years. Freak will force him to change his name to IwishIcouldbeavolI. He'll stop posting on these boards in protest.

7. Butchna and SJT will hug, KB will become the most optimistic VolNation.com member, Charger will admit he's a smokin-hot 30-year old ex Victoria Secret model pretending to be a dude, and Behr will propose marriage, sight-unseen.

Go Vols!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Pruitt takes a significant step back, and his demenor while losing takes a major toll on his fan support.
Alabama does not make the playoffs.
Georgia beats the Washington Huskies in the last game of the year, as they win both the SEC and NCAA championships.
I get back down to my High School weight.

I think Tennessee will be the most improved team. Arkansas has had two seasons of really dramatic turnover of players, lackluster recruiting classes and they are in SECwest. Arky cross division games are Mizzou and @KY. Their 4 OOC games are much easier than Tennessee but I think both teams win all 4 OOC games

I see Arky winning one SEC game: either at Ole Miss or at KY and finishing 5-7 (+3). I don't see them beating bama, aTm, LSU, Auburn, MissSt or Mizzou.

I see Tennessee winning 4 SEC game (3-5) and finishing about 8-4. (also +3). We will have a lot of close games (7 perhaps) decided by 7 points or less. So stock up on the Jack and George!

Go Vols!
This was an excellent, well thought out post until you got to the bolded part 82.....just don’t see that ever happening...he’s too far gone.

Quinten Dormady beats out JG and the other young guys and has a breakout senior season. The Dormady to Jennings combo takes the SEC by storm and despite a couple of heart-breaking last second losses we win 8 games and go to the Peach Bowl. QD gets drafted in the 3rd round by the Dolphins but JJ decides to come back for his senior season in 2020.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Quinten Dormady beats out JG and the other young guys and has a breakout senior season. The Dormady to Jennings combo takes the SEC by storm and despite a couple of heart-breaking last second losses we win 8 games and go to the Peach Bowl. QD gets drafted in the 3rd round by the Dolphins but JJ decides to come back for his senior season in 2020.
thMHG91RO2.jpg

Going to be tough for Dormady to beat out JG given Dormady is at Central Michigan. Other than that minor detail I’m sure you are spot on.

Tennessee 2019 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC and 3rd place in the SEC East

Georgia State W
BYU W
Chattanooga W
@Florida L
Georgia L
Mississippi State W
@Alabama L
South Carolina W
UAB W
@kentucky W
@Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

Outback Bowl

Tennessee vs Michigan State or Iowa

Georgia WWWWWWW???? Smart can’t beat Pruitt!!😂😂😂👍SOOON!!!

I think Tennessee will be the most improved team. Arkansas has had two seasons of really dramatic turnover of players, lackluster recruiting classes and they are in SECwest. Arky cross division games are Mizzou and @KY. Their 4 OOC games are much easier than Tennessee but I think both teams win all 4 OOC games

I see Arky winning one SEC game: either at Ole Miss or at KY and finishing 5-7 (+3). I don't see them beating bama, aTm, LSU, Auburn, MissSt or Mizzou.

I see Tennessee winning 4 SEC game (3-5) and finishing about 8-4. (also +3). We will have a lot of close games (7 perhaps) decided by 7 points or less. So stock up on the Jack and George!
Excuse me, young fellow, but Belle Meade Bourbon is made in Tennessee and deserving mention. Jack & George aren't the lonely pair anymore.

Brothers and sisters in Orange, for CJP to truly be successful, he will have peers and no betters in the SEC East. He will win as many as he loses against the likes of Mullen, Muschamp, and Smart. He will win away as well as at home.

VN Store

Back