2019 Orange and White Game thread 4.13.19 6:00 pm.

I agree. The timing of this schedule is perfect for this team and if healthy, add Solomon, Gibbs and by some miracle a healthy Trey Smith and Kirkland Jr to the lineup and we are talking about a bunch of good football players on the field for the Vols this year. I think coaching will naturally progress as well as our players. Lots of ifs but we're closer to a 10 win season than we are a 6 win one in my opinion.

We’re closer to 6 or 7 wins. Undersized and slow in spots. Need another recruiting class to get closer to an 8-10 win type squad.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Have we ever beat Mizzou since they came in to the conference?

Yeah, a couple of times. Kind of embarrassing that we haven’t more. They have had some decent teams though. They lose a lot of guys so I’m hoping we improve enough to get them this year.

Wow. Stretch goals I see. I understand setting goals you have to reach for, but come on. Have just a touch of realism in there.

It’s just goals KB. We could end up being better than we thought, or not. For some reason we just don’t match up well with Mizzou. But they are losing a lot of guys, Kentucky too. If the chips fall right, I’m optimistic we get some of these games turned around from recent years.

I know I’m not attending a spring game in Pruitt’s soon to be short tenure here after his comments last year.

Don't go show up at any games either after Pruitt has this team winning again. Maybe he will have a very long tenure so you won't have to waste any of your hard earned money on tickets.

Reactions: KeyVol14
Team looks improved at every position except for place kicker. 8-4 even with some key injuries. 10-2 with a break and healthy

The O-Line left a lot to be desired. They are going to have to be mean and nasty up front or we won't be able to run the ball consistently. We're putting too much on the running backs to create instead of the O-Line opening up holes.

VN Store

Back