2019 NFL Offseason Thread

Some might say it was bland, but the Jets had one of the cleanest, most classic looks in the league. Didn't need changing IMO

Agreed. Although I do like the new helmet better

I can agree to that. In fact, I don't even think the new unis look all that bad. Hell, the black one is actually pretty cool. But to me it's just a case of if it ain't broke, why fix it? Guess it was one of those "changing the culture" kind of things, but I've always had a deep appreciation for the simple, classic looks that teams like the Packers, Bears, Cowboys, and Colts have always been able to pull off. The Jets had something similar.

Chiefs fan who allegedly shined laser pointer at Tom Brady faces up to a year in jail or $1K fine

Somebody tried to shine a laser in TB12's eyes during the AFC championship game. Looks like he's may be going to jail. Has been banned for life from Chiefs home games.

1) Seems like a miscarriage of justice. No one else gets jail time for shining lasers at people. Except for commercial airlines (I think).

2) If I was the Chiefs I'd give him season tickets behind one of the end-zones. Wink-wink.

Russell Wilson has been underpaid almost every year. What he did with this team last year (should have been a dumpster fire) firmly places him among the elite QB's. He's overpaid now, but he's at least as deserving as any one of these guys with a top 7 salary.

I get that. I do. I can also say a SB or conference championship in nowhere in sight now.
That can turn quickly with a draft and some luck. Snagging a franchise QB after you’ve built up the rest of the team isn’t so simple.

Russ is an actual franchise QB and the cap went up. It's not the Lions giving Stafford $27m in 2017

Damn, just saw Russ's had a playoff win in 5 out of 7 seasons

Despite his well known status, he’s still somehow perpetually underrated. Dude is a stud, and given his personality, I’m honestly not sure I wouldn’t start a team with him ahead of Aaron Rodgers (blasphemy I’m sure)

Stanford contract ain’t an issue in Detroit. He’s worth it.

I guess, only because they don't know how to spend the money any better. He's going to be making $92M the next three seasons. He has the largest cap hit in 2019. He's nowhere near the best QB, so paying him the most is not worth it to competent teams.

I guess, only because they don't know how to spend the money any better. He's going to be making $92M the next three seasons. He has the largest cap hit in 2019. He's nowhere near the best QB, so paying him the most is not worth it to competent teams.

What else are they supposed to do? He’s never had a good coach, never a consistent OL, never a good run game. If he played for an organization that hadn’t been an abject failure for 60 years he’d get a lot more love. He’s 4,000+ yards, 65% comepletion, 25-30 TD’s guarantee a year (and never misses a start). Theres like only 10 guys in the league who do that

BTW, despite that monster contract hit, they still went and spent plenty this offseason. Spent $90M on Flowers, $36M on Coleman, got Jesse James at TE. They still have like $10M in cap space after the draft too

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back