2019 MLB Draft Thread

I love baseball and think it is the greatest sport of all. Saying that, baseball is also THE WORST sport as far as fairness to players in both college and pros. Scholarship issue, over signing problems, year round practice expectations, incentives to leave early and not finish degree, lack of coaches per player, etc. Pro ball is also a joke. Starts with the draft being at a crucial time in college season, then pay and living conditions in minors, signing bonuses for seniors, tricks played by major league teams when deciding to bring players to MLB rosters from minors. On and on.

I love baseball and think it is the greatest sport of all. Saying that, baseball is also THE WORST sport as far as fairness to players in both college and pros. Scholarship issue, over signing problems, year round practice expectations, incentives to leave early and not finish degree, lack of coaches per player, etc. Pro ball is also a joke. Starts with the draft being at a crucial time in college season, then pay and living conditions in minors, signing bonuses for seniors, tricks played by major league teams when deciding to bring players to MLB rosters from minors. On and on.

Well said

Mangrum could be hired as a lobbyist for the 3rd assistant and make more $
MLB players association needs to take some action. There are has to be some slot value rule. Can only go so much under the amount. I think this could have a ripple affect on college baseball. Has anyone ever seen anything this low off of slot?

Reactions: StarRaider
Well said. There is a class action lawsuit in courts right now on a labor law violation of minor league players making below minimum wage. If you take the hours they are at the park and what they make it came to like $5 an hour

I have lost track but what is the update on Ammons if anyone knows?
Thanks!

California Collegiate League (Full League Stats)
OF Justin Ammons – Conejo Oaks
Season Stats: 6 GP, .280 AVG, 5 R, 7 H, 3 2B, 5 RBI, 3 BB, 4 K, 1 SB, .400 SLG, .357 OBP

Ammons got off to a red-hot start with five hits and four runs over his first two games, including a 3-for-4 outing with three runs scored against Orange County on June 19. While he has just two hits over his last four games, Ammons has driven in five runs in that span with at least one RBI in three of his last four games.

as of a few days ago, someone mentioned here that he may be looking for a free agent deal.........not sure if school is much interest right now

California Collegiate League (Full League Stats)
OF Justin Ammons – Conejo Oaks
Season Stats: 6 GP, .280 AVG, 5 R, 7 H, 3 2B, 5 RBI, 3 BB, 4 K, 1 SB, .400 SLG, .357 OBP

Ammons got off to a red-hot start with five hits and four runs over his first two games, including a 3-for-4 outing with three runs scored against Orange County on June 19. While he has just two hits over his last four games, Ammons has driven in five runs in that span with at least one RBI in three of his last four games.

as of a few days ago, someone mentioned here that he may be looking for a free agent deal.........not sure if school is much interest right now
Thanks for the update and I had said that here a few weeks ago. I had heard that by someone else so don't know the validity. School looks to be the last resort to me. JMHO as always!

Reactions: RollerVol
Thanks for the update and I had said that here a few weeks ago. I had heard that by someone else so don't know the validity. School looks to be the last resort to me. JMHO as always!

if he came back he'd tear it up next year leading off and signing for something is better than a free agent deal IMO, unless its the school thing......obviously and selfishly I'd like him back

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back