2019 MLB Draft Thread

I hope Ammo and Charleston are mentally ready for their senior year.......cause looks like they are coming back.

They both need to get with an accomplished hitting coach, and change some things up this summer. Some serious swing flaws that need correction.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
I hope Ammo and Charleston are mentally ready for their senior year.......cause looks like they are coming back.

They both need to get with an accomplished hitting coach, and change some things up this summer. Some serious swing flaws that need correction.

Jay just got drafted by Kansas City in the 26th, he's gone.........

Reactions: sccshortstop
26th round is a roster-filler spot Jay. Don't do it. But you are right, he probably will, and all we lost was a .215 hitter. Played good defense though.

Reactions: sccshortstop

as does Mr. Potential!!! aka Zach !

Reactions: Bigun
So, you agree that there's going to be a lot of turnover, but are going to whine about Vitello getting enough guys to replace those that leave? Makes sense.

By the way, where's the source to see the JUCO commits?

Huh?

I’ve been clear if a program brings in more than 40 on their fall roster than crossing the line for me.

I don’t know exactly where you can find the juco signees for every school. Many times you have to wait for the school themselves to release their recruiting classes and now a days many schools aren’t doing that because of the subject I’m dicussing

I disagree. After round 10, its pretty tough to get any good money

I don’t completely agree unless you are Talking about a lot of money.

A bunch of guys outside of the top 10 will get 125k which almost all juniors should take. Especially the two guys being talked about here. They really need to take 25k and be happy

Last edited:
I don’t completely agree unless you are Talking about a lot of money.

A bunch of guys outside of the top 10 will get 125k which almost all juniors should take.

Yes thats what im saying. After round 10 everything over 125k (I think) is counted toward the bonus pool.

Yes thats what im saying. After round 10 everything over 125k (I think) is counted toward the bonus pool.

Correct.

I’m just saying it’s the only chance for 99% of guys to get more than 5k as senior signs.

Jordan Rogers was a 6th rounder a few drafts ago and only got 5k

Correct.

I’m just saying it’s the only chance for 99% of guys to get more than 5k as senior signs.

Jordan Rogers was a 6th rounder a few drafts ago and only got 5k

Yes, it just sucks if your way low as a jr. Hey Bruin, would love your and all thoughts on this. What if CBB when full ride schollies. Would that fix the oversigning stuff? 11.7 has to play a roll.

Yes, it just sucks if your way low as a jr. Hey Bruin, would love your and all thoughts on this. What if CBB when full ride schollies. Would that fix the oversigning stuff? 11.7 has to play a roll.

I think that would fix a lot and would make the college baseball product incredible. Give them 35 full rides and stop the bs. Three years in college would be much more enticing than three years on the bus in the minors for many.

Title 9 sux.

I think that would fix a lot and would make the college baseball product incredible. Give them 35 full rides and stop the bs. Three years in college would be much more enticing than three years on the bus in the minors for many.

Title 9 sux.
Should go away with everyone changing genders and stuff.

Dude can't compete with men, just get a sex change!

Should go away with everyone changing genders and stuff.

Dude can't compete with men, just get a sex change!

You might have the answer. I would think all they have to do is identify as women.

Honestly I don’t think making the scholarships full would stop the over signing but it would slow it down a little. The reason being is there are so many games being played With these %s these days it’s really unfair to recruits. Lots of places telling recruits they get money in years 1 and 3 and that’s just tricky and wrong imo

Reactions: txbo
Based on Charleston’s Instagram post, he is gone.

I’d like to see a % but my hunch is well more than 90% of juniors drafted sign now. Before the draft dropped to 40 rounds that wasn’t true but I think most teams now don’t draft juniors unless they plan to sign them

Just now catching up, I see Ammons didn't go. I imagine he was asking for a certain number......I think he'll have a fantastic year in 2020 and will go on a tear at the plate as our leadoff guy.

But when you are talking the 40 plus many of those are walk-ons if they are from Tennessee. Some preferred and some not. Many of those guys are committing (you understand that is a one-sided thing) knowing they will have to compete for a position and are fine with it. I am sure coach V like several other SEC coaches have told some guys that their services will not be needed that were planning on walking on. My son has several friends that were walk-ons at SEC schools that their HC has already told them there will not be a spot for them this year. Some of them are going JUCO as a follow from those schools. I'm sure UT is no different. I can respect that from a coach rather than bringing them on and knowing you will not keep them. I've noticed a few that were on the UT list for Perfect Game are not there now. I know one reclassified and not sure on the others.

But when you are talking the 40 plus many of those are walk-ons if they are from Tennessee. Some preferred and some not. Many of those guys are committing (you understand that is a one-sided thing) knowing they will have to compete for a position and are fine with it. I am sure coach V like several other SEC coaches have told some guys that their services will not be needed that were planning on walking on. My son has several friends that were walk-ons at SEC schools that their HC has already told them there will not be a spot for them this year. Some of them are going JUCO as a follow from those schools. I'm sure UT is no different. I can respect that from a coach rather than bringing them on and knowing you will not keep them. I've noticed a few that were on the UT list for Perfect Game are not there now. I know one reclassified and not sure on the others.

Your disregard for walk ons isn’t a good look. College baseball is full of them and many have great careers and play a long time in pro ball.

As for why they aren’t listed anymore. They were culled plain and simple

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
You’re spot on with everything you said.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back