2019 First Play From Scrimmage

Play action off tackle, bomb to Josh Palmer streaking down the sideline. TD. Everybody knows the first play will be Ty Chandler off tackle.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Ty Chandler goes in motion out of backfield. Bubble screen to him for a gain of 15!

Well, if the individuals give 63 effort and are resilient and play complimentary football and can apply what they learned from leadership and mental reps then Iā€™d say it will be a handoff to Chandler for a 7 ya gain
Reported

Strip sack by Darrell Taylor with a scoop and score. I think our offense will be fine, I really want to see our defense put some pressure on somebody and create some excitement.

Ty Chandler off tackle, or draw, or toss or whatever. Then again on second and if need be again on third........theoretically Tennessee scores on every possession in every game all year, baring a fumble or end of half or end of game.

Well, if the individuals give 63 effort and are resilient and play complimentary football and can apply what they learned from leadership and mental reps then Iā€™d say it will be a handoff to Chandler for a 7 ya gain
But, we have to have good eye discipline

Ok, we all know that with CJP, even with CJC, our first play is going to be a conservative off tackle run.

But let's dream a little. Basilio has been doing this on his show the past couple of days, and it's kinda fun:

What would your DREAM first play be? A play to announce that the CJP era has officially begun. That last year was a warm up, and we now have the players and coaches to actually compete.

Mine is easy. It takes advantage of JG's very strong intermediate range ball. And it's a classic play. We have the WRs to pull it off, and it takes minimal protection. Against GA St is should work. What a signal it would send. And if it doesn't, then you just pound it for two plays and get the 1st anyway.

Without further ado, my dream first play. What is yours?

Trey Smith pancakes his opponent and sacks QB for 20 yard loss...

If Uncle Butch were still here it would be Inside Zone, every game. Maybe after UT is up 21 they should run it then have a moment of silence for Jones' Coaching Career.

Get lined up right. No delay of game. Look Like a football team ready to play. Baby steps

Dream first play....Guarantano to Jennings on a deep out. Guarantano stays upright with zero pressure on him. Jennings stiff arms the CB and runs over the safety for a 75-yard TD.

We won't need it. We're gonna take the kickoff to the house - so how about 100 yards of O on the first play of the game??

VN Store

Back