2019 Fall Baseball Thread

yep, heck, can't hardly wait for the season to begin but, we gotta dust off a few before the big time...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I might be buying you beers at LNS this year. Gotta think they will have beer sales.

Well, I haven’t heard or seen anything that says beer sales will happen for baseball, but they already allow for byob on the porch so, why not capitalize on it off the backs of the regular joes?

I have heard with football $12 prices for a single beer at FB games or more.

We have all gone out to eat at a restaurant I assume, what’s the difference? If Outback Steak charges $4.50 why do we have to pay 3 times that to sit in the cheap seats and consume an adult beverage?

I get it, worked in bars all my adult life, easy money, but....

Reactions: RollerVol
not paying 12 dollars for a beer...it's ridiculous and a shame to take advantage like that...but that's just me...would much rather bring my own beer...:D

PS. heck, you could sell a 16oz beer for 6 dollars and still make big money...:cool:

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Grandfater played baseball at UTK for a couple of years. I thought everyone would like to see a photo from the 1908 baseball team with all the team members identified. My Grandfather, Shelah Rhea Ware, Sr., is first from the left on the front row. Shortstop, I think. When my daughter graduated in 2004, she was the 4th generation at UT: Grandfather, Father, Myself (1975), and Daughter.

Attachments

• UT Baseball Team and Names 1908.jpg
    UT Baseball Team and Names 1908.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 24
  • 1908 UT Baseball Team.JPG
    1908 UT Baseball Team.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
My Grandfater played baseball at UTK for a couple of years. I thought everyone would like to see a photo from the 1908 baseball team with all the team members identified. My Grandfather, Shelah Rhea Ware, Sr., is first from the left on the front row. Shortstop, I think. When my daughter graduated in 2004, she was the 4th generation at UT: Grandfather, Father, Myself (1975), and Daughter.

that is just too cool...thanks for sharing...congrats to the whole family...know you're proud...;)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: StarRaider

Is there a story on the dog? Thx for posting the pics, we should bring back those unis!!!!

they sure didn't over-sign based on the pics........great photos!!

As fall baseball gets into full swing, the Tennessee baseball program has juice that it hasn’t had in over a decade. After second year head coach Tony Vitello led the Vols to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005, the Big Orange have commonly been picked as a program on the rise. “It’s awesome,” senior Redmond Walsh said. “Especially being from Knoxville and kind of seeing a lot of the struggles they had over the years, and then having this new coaching staff come in and really turn this program around is awesome to see.”
Tennessee baseball building off strong 2019 in fall practice

UT returns a sizeable amount of talent from last season’s team, but it is also tasked with replacing the likes of Andre Lipcius, Garrett Stallings, Zach Linginfelter, Ricky Martinez and Jay Charleston — all of whom were selected in the 2019 MLB Draft in June. Enter upwards of 20 newcomers — a class that has shaped Tennessee’s roster to head coach Tony Vitello’s liking as he enters his third season at the helm of the program. “I think this is the final wave of basically trying to create our own roster — take ownership of the whole deal, make sure we have enough of what we think is important, balance out the left-handed (and) right-handed pitching and all those things,” Vitello said. “There’s a lot of staples that aren’t around. … They leave a big void, but I think there’s an awful lot of talent to fill those voids.”
Newcomers' growth critical for Vols during fall ball

Thanks. Good articles. Agree there is a void on the pitching staff. We lost some pitchers, but there are several experienced and proven guys coming back to anchor the staff. We won’t miss a beat.

Reactions: RollerVol
First three scrimmages of the fall are over. There were some good standouts on the mound and in the box. Some young guys and older guys including JUCO transfers showed they have what it takes to compete for UT this spring. Second round of scrimmages will be early next week closing the week with Clemson next Saturday. Excited to see if anybody has specific takeaways from this week's scrimmages.

Reactions: TX2TN
hearing good things !! This team should be FUN to watch!!! Several HR's hit in first three scrimmages. The Weekend Rotation should be very good , with lots of middle relief and Some Closers with control that can get people out!! Solid D with an Offense to drive in runs!! GC , CS and Drew Gilbert is my prediction for weekends. That's a Great rotation IMO.. Exciting Times happening at LN stadium!!

I think that
hearing good things !! This team should be FUN to watch!!! Several HR's hit in first three scrimmages. The Weekend Rotation should be very good , with lots of middle relief and Some Closers with control that can get people out!! Solid D with an Offense to drive in runs!! GC , CS and Drew Gilbert is my prediction for weekends. That's a Great rotation IMO.. Exciting Times happening at LN stadium!!
i think I would guess in that direction on the rotation as well. Rackers could be in play as well. The bullpen is going to be scary good.

No Leath or Rackers?

VN Store

Back