2019-2020 Non-Conference Schedule Released

That is a pretty brutal OOC schedule. 9-4 has to be considered a success. 6 games that should be wins. Then 7 games against really good competition. Kansas and Memphis are probably top 5, top 10 teams. Washington is maybe on the cusp of that. Cincy on the road will be a tough environment even with a new coach. Wisconsin at home is a game we should win, but no guarantee. And then whatever comes out of the Emerald Coast Classic. Not sure if that is a tournament setting or just two individual games. If just individual games, then we only play 12 OOC opponents, and I'd knock the success threshold down to 8-4.

Reactions: supersmo18
November 5: UNC-Asheville
November 12: Murray State
November 16: N Washington
November 20: Alabama State
November 25: Chattanooga
November 29: N Florida State
November 30: N Purdue/VCU
December 4: Florida A&M
December 14: Memphis
December 18: @ Cincinnati
December 21: Jacksonville State
December 28: Wisconsin
January 25: @ Kansas

That is a pretty brutal OOC schedule. 9-4 has to be considered a success. 6 games that should be wins. Then 7 games against really good competition. Kansas and Memphis are probably top 5, top 10 teams. Washington is maybe on the cusp of that. Cincy on the road will be a tough environment even with a new coach. Wisconsin at home is a game we should win, but no guarantee. And then whatever comes out of the Emerald Coast Classic. Not sure if that is a tournament setting or just two individual games. If just individual games, then we only play 12 OOC opponents, and I'd knock the success threshold down to 8-4.
It’s tourney style so we play FSU and then Purdue/VCU...agree that 9-4 is probably a success. Match that with 9-9 or 10-8 in SEC and we should be dancing.

9-4, possibly 10-3
10-3 seems like an awfully lofty expectation for a team replacing their top 4 players. IMO, that would be a remarkable record to walk away with, and further proof that this team either had more talent than originally thought, or was coached towards a few wins they otherwise shouldn't have found.

How I see it:

November 5: UNC-Asheville - W
November 12: Murray State - W
November 16: N Washington - L
November 20: Alabama State - W
November 25: Chattanooga - W
November 29: N Florida State - W
November 30: N Purdue/VCU - Purdue L, VCU W
December 4: Florida A&M - W
December 14: Memphis - L
December 18: @ Cincinnati - L
December 21: Jacksonville State - W
December 28: Wisconsin - W
January 25: @ Kansas - L

I can definitely be swayed on the Cincy game or the Purdue game, but the rest I'm pretty solid on. Anywhere between an 8-5 mark or a 10-3 record is what I see. More likely 8-5 or 9-4.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
10-3 seems like an awfully lofty expectation for a team replacing their top 4 players. IMO, that would be a remarkable record to walk away with, and further proof that this team either had more talent than originally thought, or was coached towards a few wins they otherwise shouldn't have found.

I'm thinking we beat someone we shouldn't to get 10 wins. Of course that also means we don't lose to team we should beat.

Reactions: cncchris33
10-3 would be a solid record against this OOC schedule but I think 9-4 is more feasible.

Anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Washington game in toronto? I’m thinking about making the drive from Michigan.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
How I see it:

November 5: UNC-Asheville - W
November 12: Murray State - W
November 16: N Washington - L
November 20: Alabama State - W
November 25: Chattanooga - W
November 29: N Florida State - W
November 30: N Purdue/VCU - Purdue L, VCU W
December 4: Florida A&M - W
December 14: Memphis - L
December 18: @ Cincinnati - L
December 21: Jacksonville State - W
December 28: Wisconsin - W
January 25: @ Kansas - L

I can definitely be swayed on the Cincy game or the Purdue game, but the rest I'm pretty solid on. Anywhere between an 8-5 mark or a 10-3 record is what I see. More likely 8-5 or 9-4.

Probably agree in general. But Washington and Memphis will be interesting too. Not calling wins, but they are both relying on true freshmen, and both games are early in the year.

Where are you getting Memphis as a top 5 team? I’ve seen them in the top 25 of some early rankings but nowhere near the top 5.

Gary Parrish at CBS has them 7th. Borzello at ESPN has them 13th but conceded they have top 5-10 talent. They are a little lower because of experience.

Gary Parrish at CBS has them 7th. Borzello at ESPN has them 13th but conceded they have top 5-10 talent. They are a little lower because of experience.
Interesting. I wonder if they picked up a recent commitment. Most of the polls I see are from June or earlier. Well I hope they are ranked incredibly high and then we whip their butts.

Interesting. I wonder if they picked up a recent commitment. Most of the polls I see are from June or earlier. Well I hope they are ranked incredibly high and then we whip their butts.

I think ESPN is from July, and I am guessing CBS is as well. Good thing we get them early and at home. They will win a lot of games because of their conference. May have two lottery picks.

November 5: UNC-Asheville
November 12: Murray State
November 16: N Washington
November 20: Alabama State
November 25: Chattanooga
November 29: N Florida State
November 30: N Purdue/VCU
December 4: Florida A&M
December 14: Memphis
December 18: @ Cincinnati
December 21: Jacksonville State
December 28: Wisconsin
January 25: @ Kansas

Plus an exhibition on October 30 versus Eastern New Mexico. I wonder if Bailey will play. Also Plavsic if he's not cleared.

VN Store

Back