2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Team Rumors

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
Welp, from what I am reading, our basketball team may surprise some people this year. Pay for Volquest and read the War Room. Some great information there almost every week.

For those, like me who don't care to pay for subscription, care to elaborate?

Here's my not-so-scientific prediction and reasoning. I think they're going to be OK, but borderline NCAA team. I hope for better. My son goes to Villanova, so I've been following them very closely as my adopted #2 team. Jay Wright runs a similar type program as Barnes...high integrity, stresses good D, wants guys to stay in the program to develop 3-4 years, and coaches towards a mentality. When they won their second NCAAT a couple years ago, not only did they lose the type of talent that UT did this year, but they lost Brunson, who was, like Grant, their heart and soul of the team. It's not easy to replace star players, but it's more difficult to replace star players who are just those natural leaders who takes the team on their backs and says "let's go". Nova made the tourney this past year, but they had stretches during the season when they really struggled, and played better around tourney time. So, I think this is kinda how UT will flow next season.

I love where we're at as a program, and think we're now a legit bball program, but just not expecting same level of play this year vs past couple.

If I say much people will just say Im being negative again.

If you dont believe we're gonna win 30 games and be a #1 seed people round these parts take it personal.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Surprising? I don't see us making the tourney unless our freshman is a top 10 draft pick.

I think we're fine on the perimeter whether or not JJJ has an outstanding season. I'm concerned about having some type of production in the paint. Will Plavsic be cleared? Can Fulkerson and Kent make significant contributions? Will ORN earn significant minutes? Can Pons perform better at the 4 than he has at the 3?

Reactions: amorange

If you dont believe we're gonna win 30 games and be a #1 seed people round these parts take it personal.
You’re the one who says we shouldn’t recruit PJ Hall because he’s white, yet you think they pick on you because they “take it personal...”

That’s pretty funny.

People don't bash you for not pumping sunshine. People bash you for having insane opinions.

This, for instance, isn't a sunshine take, but it's a reasonable one. No bashing here.

If he said 15 wins and no tournament, he would be bashed, even though that outcome is possible and reasonable.

Reactions: SweetDaddy

We won 15 with a team led by Armani Moore, Baulkman and 2/3 a season from Punter...you think this team is worse??
Apparently far from it. Should be an exciting team to watch. To points made earlier, of course there will be drop offs, but some new excitement.

For those, like me who don't care to pay for subscription, care to elaborate?

Here's my not-so-scientific prediction and reasoning. I think they're going to be OK, but borderline NCAA team. I hope for better. My son goes to Villanova, so I've been following them very closely as my adopted #2 team. Jay Wright runs a similar type program as Barnes...high integrity, stresses good D, wants guys to stay in the program to develop 3-4 years, and coaches towards a mentality. When they won their second NCAAT a couple years ago, not only did they lose the type of talent that UT did this year, but they lost Brunson, who was, like Grant, their heart and soul of the team. It's not easy to replace star players, but it's more difficult to replace star players who are just those natural leaders who takes the team on their backs and says "let's go". Nova made the tourney this past year, but they had stretches during the season when they really struggled, and played better around tourney time. So, I think this is kinda how UT will flow next season.

I love where we're at as a program, and think we're now a legit bball program, but just not expecting same level of play this year vs past couple.

This is probably accurate. I will say there were times where people felt Turner and Bowden could go pro as well. Haven’t heard much about Bowden in off season, but Turner is apparently taking that leadership role seriously. All I will say. Like I said good read and our team sounds promising.

I didn’t read the article since I’m not a VQ member. I think SEC men’s basketball has greatly improved the last several years and so it’s harder for a program like UT that doesn’t get multiple one and done or two and done type players every year to compete at the top of the conference after it loses players like Williams, Schofield, Bone, and Alexander in one year. We also lost Walker and Burns and I think losing both is going to hurt quite a bit too, particularly if the ASU transfer sits out a year like I am expecting he will. I also think Rick Barnes is a very good coach who frequently excels with teams that aren’t expected to be very good. The combination of experience on the roster with some talented additions (namely, JJJ, who may be the best player CRB has landed since being at UT (and yes Williams was awesome)) and coaching and minus some major personnel losses will probably have UT as a lower level tournament team. It could be on the bubble at times but I expect to make it in. Unlike the last two years where the team had the capacity to make a Final Four run, I think this team likely will have a firm Sweet Sixteen ceiling.

I’ll take anything that has us in the tourney and will be surprised if we’re not. CRB has a good track record of making the NCAA’s most every year

Yes, if only he could win more than a game or two in the tourney, that would really be something special. He and the staff are being paid way too much salary just to make the tournament each year.

Yes, if only he could win more than a game or two in the tourney, that would really be something special. He and the staff are being paid way too much salary just to make the tournament each year.
Gotta get in the tournament each year to have a chance to win the tournament each year. Let’s hope this year is a fun ride again. Actually kind of like our football team...nobody really knows...yet. Just my opinion.

Welp, from what I am reading, our basketball team may surprise some people this year. Pay for Volquest and read the War Room. Some great information there almost every week.
As for the current team, the biggest question mark continues to be the status of Uros Plavsic’s appeal for immediate eligibility. We don’t have any news on that front but we continue to hear that Tennessee feels optimistic about his chances. It goes without saying that getting the 7-foot-1 Arizona State transfer eligible is a priority.
-VQ

VN Store

Back