2019-2020 BIG XII/SEC Challenge

D92iET2XkAAml58.jpg

DEC 7 @ College Station

"The two squads have squared off 43 times with the Cowgirls holding a 22-21 advantage in the series. From 1997 to the most recent meeting in 2012, 12 contests were decided by five points or less, including the 2008 meeting in the Big 12 Championship title game in Kansas City. Texas A&M went 26-8 a year ago and capped its season with a Sweet 16 appearance.

The matchup will feature two of the nation's top returning scorers in rising juniors Vivian Gray (20.0 ppg) of OSU and A&M's Chennedy Carter (23.3 ppg). Gray and Carter represent two of the top five scoring sophomores in the country from the 2018-19 season with Gray finishing the year ranked 25th overall and Carter checking in at No. 6."

- Oklahoma State WBB website

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
The matchups are all a joke...

Why do you think all the match-ups are a joke? While I might like to see the Baylor-UGa and the WV-MSSt match-ups switched so it was Baylor-MSSt and WV-UGA, overall, otherwise, it doesn't look too lopsided.

Jim

It’s not about the matchups being lopsided it’s the matchups in general. I understand the Big 12 is weak after Baylor and Texas but the matchups could have definitely been much better.

Baylor is the defending national champion so why is Georgia playing them? Iowa St finished second in their league last year why not pair them with A&M or Miss St or even Tenn who plays Texas every year regardless... I think they dropped the ball on making these matchups exciting is all...

It’s not about the matchups being lopsided it’s the matchups in general. I understand the Big 12 is weak after Baylor and Texas but the matchups could have definitely been much better.

Baylor is the defending national champion so why is Georgia playing them? Iowa St finished second in their league last year why not pair them with A&M or Miss St or even Tenn who plays Texas every year regardless... I think they dropped the ball on making these matchups exciting is all...
Okle Lite vs eaTme could be very entertaining. Carter has the ability to shoot/brick the aggys right out of the game.

Can't wait for the Men's Challenge to be announced. The consensus around these parts is that #7 Baylor will travel to LSU.

Reactions: SCspur

VN Store

Back