2019-20 Schedule/Cupcakes?

CincyLadyVol

One thing I hope KJH does is beef up the schedule, especially in the home game department. A bit tired seeing all the cupcakes we loaded the schedule with during Holly's tenure.

Anyone know what is on tap for next year and is it to late for KJH to pick up some new/different teams?

One thing I hope KJH does is beef up the schedule, especially in the home game department. A bit tired seeing all the cupcakes we loaded the schedule with during Holly's tenure.

Anyone know what is on tap for next year and is it to late for KJH to pick up some new/different teams?
It is my understanding, that hart made those changes, not Holly. He had told Pat her last year she had to schedule more home games, he wanted the money. You don't get good teams to ONLY play you at home..they want a home and away. So you schedule cupcakes because the AD wants MORE money. And in doing so damage the product. Sort of like increasing prices to not "cheapen" the product and discovering people aren't willing, or are unable, to pay the higher price. Correct me if I'm wrong @DeerPark12 .

I wish Tennessee didn't have to play UConn or Notre Dame. It doesn't bother me that Tennessee has some weak teams on their out of conference schedule.

The 2019-2020 schedule out of conference should be already set and 2020-2021 should be mostly done too.

We play @ETSU, @Oregon/Oregon State, @Stanford, @Notre Dame, @UConn

Duke has been looking at getting back on the schedule as well.

We have @Texas at home.

Next year will be a tough first year for Kellie in terms of away scheduling. However, no one should ever complain about the home schedule in 2020/2021.

I would imagine the schedule for this upcoming season is already pretty full, but I agree about hoping that KJH beefs up the schedule going forward. I really miss the exciting big games!

Reactions: CincyLadyVol
We play @ETSU, @Oregon/Oregon State, @Stanford, @Notre Dame, @UConn

Duke has been looking at getting back on the schedule as well.

We have @Texas at home.

Next year will be a tough first year for Kellie in terms of away scheduling. However, no one should ever complain about the home schedule in 2020/2021.

I was wondering if Oregon/Oregon State would get back on the schedule. Hoping Evina sticks around to get a homecoming game!

I believe the schedules are made up years in advance.

Reactions: tvolgirl
It is my understanding, that hart made those changes, not Holly. He had told Pat her last year she had to schedule more home games, he wanted the money. You don't get good teams to ONLY play you at home..they want a home and away. So you schedule cupcakes because the AD wants MORE money. And in doing so damage the product. Sort of like increasing prices to not "cheapen" the product and discovering people aren't willing, or are unable, to pay the higher price. Correct me if I'm wrong @DeerPark12 .

Thanks for the info. Didn't know this and apologize for putting that on Holly!

Reactions: VolNExile
Cold day in hell......is what it should be.
Holly further tarnished Pats legacy by rescheduling that assprick Geno. Sickening.
Calm down Francis! I guess you would be ok playing Johnson U, Pellisippi St and East Tn School of Cosmotology!

Scared to lose!

I think it’s more of a respect thing for CPS however I think if she knew she could help generate money for such a noble cause she would have put aside the grudge and played the game. This being connected to her association and with Alzheimers really brings light to this horrible disease that took someone that meant so much to the game.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
If you don’t know why Pat cancelled, ask an old timer. Then, you’ll know why we should never play any team Geno coaches.
Ha! I am an old timer and I did not agree with her decision then! To Pat and lots of Lady Vols fans her decision to stop playing UCONN made sense to WCBB fans around the country it just looked like we were scared to play the team and coach that dethroned us!

A new coach could probably make some schedule changes if she wanted to but I expect we'll play Holly's schedule.

VN Store

Back