2018 Tennessee High School Playoffs

1A -- Lake County Falcons vs Cornersville Bulldogs

some love for the poor county boys...:D

GO FALCONS...GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

For those on the Western side of the state....

I'm thinking about going up to Covington to watch Stratford vs Covington (3A) to see who earns the right to be a sacrificial lamb to Alcoa next week. Covington should be safer than going to Haywood (4A) or Whitehaven (6A).

Two interesting storylines here:
1. Stratford was 2-8 during the regular season and now is in state semis
2. Covington is looking to advance to 6th state title game (They are 0-5 all time in final games).

Last edited:

I'm thinking about going up to Covington to watch Stratford vs Covington (3A) to see who earns the right to be a sacrificial lamb to Alcoa next week. Covington should be safer than going to Haywood (4A) or Whitehaven (6A).
How is Stratford in the semi's? 2-8 regular season. WOW!

Went to several Whitehaven and Melrose games back in the late 90's. ..........Don't go to Whitehaveno_O

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Went to several Whitehaven and Melrose games back in the late 90's. ..........Don't go to Whitehaveno_O

I've been to Whitehaven a few times for games. Since Saulsberry took over, the game-day experience around Whitehaven has improved a good bit. I'm not saying I would go alone or park too far from the stadium, but unlike Haywood or Melrose, I've never heard gunshots during a game either. You would be safer going to Whitehaven tonight for the game than going to Wolfchase or Oak Court Malls....

Went to the Milan/Melrose playoff game several yrs ago....in Milan. The visitors concession stand was raided and picked clean late in the 4th Q. Fun times!

The Beech vs Henry Co matchup is a rematch of their regular season game played in Clarksville at Austin-Peay's stadium, Beech is definitely improved from their 14-7 early season loss but Henry Co is as well. Should be a good matchup except the weather isn't going to be great - 90% chance of rain.

Reactions: tnuhcvols
You have to listen to the 6A on right now. Absolutely the worse announcers I have ever heard in my life.
It really is comical.

The Knoxville Central Bobcats defeated Henry County 14-9 for the 5A state championship.

Congrats to Central, sounded like the defenses set the tone of the game for the most part. Henry Co has really been able to rack up lots of points in all but a few games this year.

Friday's game

123964469_3996689810345226_9027130110784271436_o.jpg

VN Store

Back