2018 MLB Draft

I will take a late night stab...

If he goes up to the Cape and blows it up, pitches like he did at the end of the season...I know, a big if...but IF he does, he can change his draft position significantly.

And...If he doesn't, but has a good year next year, he still has leverage.

I don't know his circumstances with school and what not, but if he were my son, I'd say wait another year.

If and buts...but, can't disagree with the optimistic point of view. Guess, the option is nice,

If and buts...but, can't disagree with the optimistic point of view. Guess, the option is nice,

It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of others who know more than I, including CTV...those folks think if he can put it all together, he has a first round arm.

The same thing was said about Kyle Serrano, and best I can tell he hasn't pitched an inning this season in the minors.

Everybody is going to have an off day...but consistency, for both of those guys was/is missing. Kyle never got it straight, Lingo could...has to.

A bird in the hand is a good philosophy, I agree with it generally...but he's gonna be on a real big stage in 5 days.

And then there's another season under Anderson...that's not a bad thing iffin' he should come back imo...

Casey Mize pitched 109.2 Innings had 151 K...

Z. Lingo pitched 55.0 Innings and had 71 K...

Mize was 1st overall...just saying.

My Thursday question...Lingo's draft number is worth $125-400k correct?

Do you want to play pro ball? If yes, why not bet on yourself and take the dollars and work towards AA, AAA, and big boy status. Why stay in TN for another year...an extra $100k, an SEC invite, maybe a regional birth??..it's been nothing less than a roller coaster..Friday starter to weekend watcher? Injury, poor performance, Vitello future/present recruit's. Can someone tell me why should a talented kid stay if the dream is the next level and the door is knocking??

Betting on himself would be coming back to school, pitching well next year and getting way more than 400k. Imo he would be a fool to sign this year for 400 or less. Only way he should sign is if he isn't Happy.

A lot of kids we signed out of HS are in the 6’2-6’4 range and are 170-190. I know Silseth (pitcher) is around 6’0 200lbs and was around 90-93 at his last PG event. The kid from Farragut is like 6’2 205. Idk how big the JUCO guys are

Sounds good. It’s just hard to watch a team filled with guys that weigh 150.

Sound solid, until he's put back in the pen or gets hurt. Why not cash the ticket and grab a real instructor who can develop the change up (IMO)

Frank Anderson is better then any pitching coach he will have in low a ball I can promise you that. The decision for Lingo is easy. Bet on yourself and go out there and pitch like you’re capable of and constantly and you will be a first or 2nd round pick and cash a million dollar check while doing so.

Frank Anderson is better then any pitching coach he will have in low a ball I can promise you that. The decision for Lingo is easy. Bet on yourself and go out there and pitch like you’re capable of and constantly and you will be a first or 2nd round pick and cash a million dollar check while doing so.

No question Anderson knows the game but, that doesn’t amount to much if he couldn’t help Lingo this past season reduce his walks.
By the way…Casey Mize over the past 3 seasons has 319 K in 261 innings of work…oh ya and 39 BB…just saying.

No question Anderson knows the game but, that doesn’t amount to much if he couldn’t help Lingo this past season reduce his walks.
By the way…Casey Mize over the past 3 seasons has 319 K in 261 innings of work…oh ya and 39 BB…just saying.

I would argue Lingo’s deal was more mental and focus. I’d actually counter and say Anderson did fix it because I sat behind home plate in Columbia and watched that masterpiece against Mizzou. He was unhittable and when he’s on he is capable of that. In no way was I trying to compare Lingo to Mize. Another thing to think about when you’re a 19th round pick it just takes one bad year in the minors and you are released. A top round guy gets every chance known to man kind to succeed. A guy like lingo no matter how he performs because of his size and velocity will always be drafted. The risk reward all points to him returning IMO.

Ya. He’s (CTV) is in Oklahoma today at McAlister or wilberton. Watching Team Tennessee,, I believe I’m correct in saying that, big sunbelt tourney

Ya. He’s (CTV) is in Oklahoma today at McAlister or wilberton. Watching Team Tennessee,, I believe I’m correct in saying that, big sunbelt tourney

You are. He said he was in an interview today. One our 2020 commits is leading off for them tonight. Ensley

VN Store

Back