2018 MLB Draft

CTV sounded the most disappointed about Ashby. I think he had accepted and expected the other four signing.

With the jucos coming in, I think we will make a big jump in position player talent. I’m still worried about pitching depth/talent for next year. Hopefully some of the freshman will contribute and Lingo comes back.

Reactions: 1 person
CTV sounded the most disappointed about Ashby. I think he had accepted and expected the other four signing.

With the jucos coming in, I think we will make a big jump in position player talent. I’m still worried about pitching depth/talent for next year. Hopefully some of the freshman will contribute and Lingo comes back.

Did you hear the part about having another player in the cape...I thought he said ricky martinez, but that name is not on a cape roster...I'll have to listen to the podcast later...

Did you hear the part about having another player in the cape...I thought he said ricky martinez, but that name is not on a cape roster...I'll have to listen to the podcast later...

Yes, he was referring to SS Ricky Martinez. He played at Grayson junior college in Texas.

Yes, he was referring to SS Ricky Martinez. He played at Grayson junior college in Texas.

Good, thought I was losing my mind...maybe getting him to the Cape is a very recent development...

Good, thought I was losing my mind...maybe getting him to the Cape is a very recent development...

Last minute guys can bounce around the cape on 10 contracts. They rarely show on rosters but, as long as Super Reg and Omaho are going on its a fairly easy bounce and play.

Can Someone list all of the known JC commits ?

Ricky Martinez
Ethan Barker
Mickey Hoehner
Landon Gray
Aleric Soulaire
Duncan Pence

Can Someone list all of the known JC commits ?

Ricky Martinez
Ethan Barker
Mickey Hoehner
Landon Gray
Aleric Soulaire
Duncan Pence

Denny Bentley was the only other one I have seen. He's a LHP from Howard (TX) JC. A 33rd round pick by the Twins.

7-4 7.74-ERA
59.1-IP 78-H 19-BB 76-SO

Denny Bentley was the only other one I have seen. He's a LHP from Howard (TX) JC. A 33rd round pick by the Twins.

7-4 7.74-ERA
59.1-IP 78-H 19-BB 76-SO

Just awful numbers for a draft

He's better off signing than coming here

wouldn't be surprised if CTV pulls another "Crochet" out of his hat if all these guys sign.....JMO

Reactions: 1 person
How does our class look now compared to last 5 years?

Did we sign anyone that weighs 2 bills?

A lot of kids we signed out of HS are in the 6’2-6’4 range and are 170-190. I know Silseth (pitcher) is around 6’0 200lbs and was around 90-93 at his last PG event. The kid from Farragut is like 6’2 205. Idk how big the JUCO guys are

Agreed.

My Thursday question...Lingo's draft number is worth $125-400k correct?

Do you want to play pro ball? If yes, why not bet on yourself and take the dollars and work towards AA, AAA, and big boy status. Why stay in TN for another year...an extra $100k, an SEC invite, maybe a regional birth??..it's been nothing less than a roller coaster..Friday starter to weekend watcher? Injury, poor performance, Vitello future/present recruit's. Can someone tell me why should a talented kid stay if the dream is the next level and the door is knocking??

Do you want to play pro ball? If yes, why not bet on yourself and take the dollars and work towards AA, AAA, and big boy status. Why stay in TN for another year...an extra $100k, an SEC invite, maybe a regional birth??..it's been nothing less than a roller coaster..Friday starter to weekend watcher? Injury, poor performance, Vitello future/present recruit's. Can someone tell me why should a talented kid stay if the dream is the next level and the door is knocking??

Appears he got drafted based off of measurable. Really struggled the first half of the season. He needs another year facing SEC hitters.

Appears he got drafted based off of measurable. Really struggled the first half of the season. He needs another year facing SEC hitters.

Sound solid, until he's put back in the pen or gets hurt. Why not cash the ticket and grab a real instructor who can develop the change up (IMO)

I will take a late night stab...

If he goes up to the Cape and blows it up, pitches like he did at the end of the season...I know, a big if...but IF he does, he can change his draft position significantly.

And...If he doesn't, but has a good year next year, he still has leverage.

I don't know his circumstances with school and what not, but if he were my son, I'd say wait another year.

The most he can get is $125k unless the Nats want to reduce their Bonus Pool.

VN Store

Back