2018 Midterm Election Thread

The main value in college right now is that it proves you are trainable. Other than that, it is a rudimentary 'education' in the student's chosen field.

Interesting that you throw out the monetary value of education so matter of fact. I will agree with you up to a point. There is value in a liberal arts education, but much of what is passing for advanced education doesn't put food on the table. If you are going to university to learn Shakespeare and little else other than feelz, I might suggest taking a page from Good Will Hunting and save your money and go to the local library.
In a way, it's a little bit like taking a vacation. Some might say, why take a vacation and spend money when you could be home working......I'm a big believer in quality of life and realize it is not directly correlated to personal wealth. In fact, they often seem work against one another. It's all about perspective and priorities. I for one, love a good vacation.

It doesn’t suck unless you’re one of the morons that encumbered yourself with 200k in debt that you can’t clear via even bankruptcy in earning a stupid degree that pays you less than 50k a year.

Most of us adults refer to this concept as “reality”. Look it up.
I don't take pleasure in people not being able to get a job because they have a liberal arts degree, even if it was a mistake to have taken on so much debt. I don't understand why that would make someone else happy just on that fact.

I don't take pleasure in people not being able to get a job because they have a liberal arts degree, even if it was a mistake to have taken on so much debt. I don't understand why that would make someone else happy just on that fact.
I don’t take pleasure in it either. Nor do I accept responsibility for their piss poor life decisions or even feel compelled to help them fix it. They did it to themselves. Personal accountability.

Plus squints said “humor” not “pleasure”. It is rather damn funny that college educated people are routinely this fiscally ignorant.

Lol.

But you feel sorry for people who are too damn dumb to be adults, just because “they did what interests them”?

That’s my problem with liberals—excuses are boundless. There’s never a time with y’all, when people/groups/etc. should be held accountable for their actions/inactions, unless they’re to the right of center.

Lol.

But you feel sorry for people who are too damn dumb to be adults, just because “they did what interests them”?

That’s my problem with liberals—excuses are boundless. There’s never a time with y’all, when people/groups/etc. should be held accountable for their actions/inactions, unless they’re to the right of center.
I think it sucks if someone cant get a job to support themselves or family, regardless if their degree choice was unwise. I'm not saying they aren't accountable for it.

I don’t take pleasure in it either. Nor do I accept responsibility for their piss poor life decisions or even feel compelled to help them fix it. They did it to themselves. Personal accountability.

Plus squints said “humor” not “pleasure”. It is rather damn funny that college educated people are routinely this fiscally ignorant.
Im not saying they aren't responsible for it.

Humor and pleasure is synonymous in this instance.

In a way, it's a little bit like taking a vacation. Some might say, why take a vacation and spend money when you could be home working......I'm a big believer in quality of life and realize it is not directly correlated to personal wealth. In fact, they often seem work against one another. It's all about perspective and priorities. I for one, love a good vacation.
You don't really learn **** until you get out of school.

Because I find humor in people who major in dumb programs, and then pout when they can’t find a job.

From a purely economic standpoint, I want them to work so that they aren’t a drain on the economy.
I agree. Go get my coffee now..... "Doctor".

Who's happy about it? Responsible adults are gonna have to bail their worthless asses out eventually.

A close call: Just 1 vote decided this Kentucky House race

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Mary Beverly Goetz is 76, uses a walker and recently had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. Worried her health issues would prevent her from voting for Democrat Jim Glenn in her western Kentucky state House district, she requested an absentee ballot by mail and sent it in weeks ahead of the election to make sure her vote was counted.

Glenn won by one vote.

A close call: Just 1 vote decided this Kentucky House race - Breitbart

Reactions: roosterjbh
Please just stop it. Without a doubt, some people are poor from bad decisions, but most are poor because they've been born into crappy situations and surroundings. You think out of work coal miners in WV only have themselves to blame? You think a kid growing up in the projects with a single mother crack addict is to blame? Give me a break. If Trump were born into a poor family he at best would have been a street hustler and likely behind bars by now.

My father was raised in a family of seven kids and a stay at home mother and an alcoholic father that drank his pay checks.

He took crackers and sour oranges off of trees for lunch every day. This was before welfare and free lunches.

He was in a street gang in east LA.

He started working at age 10 so the family had money. He joined the military. Put himself through school. Retired in his early 50’s. My parents are multi-millionaires. (And no, I don’t receive anything as I was taught to get off the tit and make something of myself at an early age.)

Yes, there are some poor people that are mentally or physically challenged. Those people are not the problem.

There are many poor people that make choices to have children out of wedlock, get hooked on drugs, hit the bars routinely, gamble away their checks, etc. I could go on and on.

Point being, with hard work, determination, spending less than you make and investing the difference, the American dream can be obtained...even in this day and age...regardless what people try to get you to believe.

My father was raised in a family of seven kids and a stay at home mother and an alcoholic father that drank his pay checks.

He took crackers and sour oranges off of trees for lunch every day. This was before welfare and free lunches.

He was in a street gang in east LA.

He started working at age 10 so the family had money. He joined the military. Put himself through school. Retired in his early 50’s. My parents are multi-millionaires. (And no, I don’t receive anything as I was taught to get off the tit and make something of myself at an early age.)

Yes, there are some poor people that are mentally or physically challenged. Those people are not the problem.

There are many poor people that make choices to have children out of wedlock, get hooked on drugs, hit the bars routinely, gamble away their checks, etc. I could go on and on.

Point being, with hard work, determination, spending less than you make and investing the difference, the American dream can be obtained...even in this day and age...regardless what people try to get you to believe.
I think yall are partially missing his point. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you had a much better life growing up than your father? better father, mother(?). they likely taught you a lot more and were better examples, grew up around better people, better town and put you in a better(easier) spot to succeed because of things he taught you and (possibly) better schooling and resources. When you grow up in rough situations you’re far more likely to fail because it makes it that much more difficult. Your dad had to go through a lot more Sh!t to get to where he is than someone who grew up a son/daughter of a millionaire.

Congrats to your dad because it’s difficult to overcome growing up in a situation like that.

And yes, people are responsible for their own decisions and people make terrible one sometimes. But theres also a lot that that try and try but can never get out of that hole because of how they grew up and their surroundings have a ton of blame for that

She's planning on filing a federal lawsuit over the "gross mismanagement" of the election.

So is Barry going to come back and testify to the gross mismanagement with her , and Oprah , is she coming back to stand next to her since they are sisters standing up for all voting rights or nah ?

So is Barry going to come back and testify to the gross mismanagement with her , and Oprah , is she coming back to stand next to her since they are sisters standing up for all voting rights or nah ?
Edit : can’t believe I forgot Shake N bake Ricky Bobby , I bet he comes back to support her in her legal struggles

I'm sure it will involve claims of voter suppression and rail about how Kemp should have stepped down from his position. Then they'll cry racism and declare some kind of victory.

VN Store

Back