2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

Honestly I'm not if I'm impressed with this or not, but the comments are hilarious. "Harden couldn't do this" no because Harden has to carry his team, Klay couldn't even begin to do what Harden does. "This shows Klay needs his own team" Really? Cause I'd argue it shows the opposite.

Honestly I'm not if I'm impressed with this or not, but the comments are hilarious. "Harden couldn't do this" no because Harden has to carry his team, Klay couldn't even begin to do what Harden does. "This shows Klay needs his own team" Really? Cause I'd argue it shows the opposite.

They can't do what the other guy does but that doesn't make one better than the other.

This post is a time capsule. Typically, point differential is a better measure of future success than record. We're about halfway through the season so we have a nice sample to go off, and I'm curious to see how things shake out. By this measure, the Bucks are phenomenal.

1547135796998.png

This post is a time capsule. Typically, point differential is a better measure of future success than record. We're about halfway through the season so we have a nice sample to go off, and I'm curious to see how things shake out. By this measure, the Bucks are phenomenal.

View attachment 188354
The west is so stacked there are going to be good teams left out. Once Lebron gets healthy I don’t see the Lakers falling out. I could see the Clippers falling back into the 6-8 range but it’d take a couple teams really playing average ball the rest of the year for the Jazz to make a move up. Of course injuries to key players for a couple teams could change everything

They can't do what the other guy does but that doesn't make one better than the other.

Harden is way better than Klay, and if Harden wanted to and had Steph, KD, and Dray to feed him open shots, he could possibly do what Klay does. There is zero chance Klay could do what Harden does.

Did anybody see how The Bucks played Harden last night? Very interesting, they overplayed his left hand and basically just left right handed drives, and mid range shots wide open, totally took away the step back 3.

Kuz on crack with his "death lineup" Rondo, Ball, Ingram, Kuz and LBJ. Death lineups work when you have guys that can shoot, 4 of those guys can't. Teams would dare the backcourt to shoot and double LBJ off them. Whoever is playing off ball in the back court will be useless, Ball or Rondo. In the playoffs you will probably face Joker, Nurk, Adams, or Capela, possibly KAT or Gobert, you will get destroyed inside.

Also you need guys that move without the ball, only Kuz does that really. Also please don't give me "LBJ can guard centers" cause he can't guard actual centers, he can guard PFs playing Center.

Reactions: LittleCat
The west is so stacked there are going to be good teams left out. Once Lebron gets healthy I don’t see the Lakers falling out. I could see the Clippers falling back into the 6-8 range but it’d take a couple teams really playing average ball the rest of the year for the Jazz to make a move up. Of course injuries to key players for a couple teams could change everything

Honestly, if Dre doesn't come back or they don't add a shooter I could possibly see OKC falling out. Their early schedule was really soft, and they have the hardest remaining schedule.

Harden is way better than Klay, and if Harden wanted to and had Steph, KD, and Dray to feed him open shots, he could possibly do what Klay does. There is zero chance Klay could do what Harden does.

Harden can't play D like Klay tho.

Harden is much more equipped to take a team from good to great or from bad to good, but Klay is a much better piece for a championship.

Harden can't play D like Klay tho.

Harden is much more equipped to take a team from good to great or from bad to good, but Klay is a much better piece for a championship.

I look at players as, who would I pick if I was making a team, it's Harden and it's not close. Klay however is the greatest 3 and D guy in the history of the NBA, even if nobody wants to call him that. Back to my original comment, that in no way shows that Klay needs his own team.

Honestly, if Dre doesn't come back or they don't add a shooter I could possibly see OKC falling out. Their early schedule was really soft, and they have the hardest remaining schedule.
If Russ playing hurt? He’s still putting a big numbers but something seems off with him the few games I’ve seen him play his year

If Russ playing hurt? He’s still putting a big numbers but something seems off with him the few games I’ve seen him play his year

I think his ankle is still bugging him, he always comes back Before he's supposed to. Before he hurt it he was attacking like crazy and finishing with dunks, scoring and shooting inside at the highest clip of his career. Now it's a ton of 3's and layups, and ever once in awhile you can see him favor it some. JMO from watching him all the time.

I think his ankle is still bugging him, he always comes back Before he's supposed to. Before he hurt it he was attacking like crazy and finishing with dunks, scoring and shooting inside at the highest clip of his career. Now it's a ton of 3's and layups, and ever once in awhile you can see him favor it some. JMO from watching him all the time.
That makes sense. He looked like he was favoring it the other night against the Wolves

VN Store

Back