2017 Offseason Moves

Adrian Peterson is what, 32? Would have been huge if this was 5 years ago. I expect this to end up similar to how Stephen Jackson ended up in Atlanta, the mileage is just about done.

Adrian Peterson is what, 32? Would have been huge if this was 5 years ago. I expect this to end up similar to how Stephen Jackson ended up in Atlanta, the mileage is just about done.

It's a one year deal (1 year Team option) to basically back up Ingram and take some of the load off him. Pretty good signing for the Aints IMO

It's a one year deal (1 year Team option) to basically back up Ingram and take some of the load off him. Pretty good signing for the Aints IMO

Better than nothing, but they aren't going to go anywhere unless they can field a defense.

I don't think we really know this at all. He won a rushing title in his last full season at age 30.

I don't think we really know this at all. He won a rushing title in his last full season at age 30.

Maybe. He's going into what's far from a run heavy offensive system, though, and likely working in a more timeshare styled based on the Saints usual style of offensive gameplay. (Mainly, not sure I would expect the same level of production here.)

Maybe. He's going into what's far from a run heavy offensive system, though, and likely working in a more timeshare styled based on the Saints usual style of offensive gameplay. (Mainly, not sure I would expect the same level of production here.)

He's obviously not likely to run for 1500 yards again. I'm just saying I'd be careful about writing him off as "done." He's a freak of nature, and last time he was fully healthy he was still one of the best runners in the NFL.

Does this count as an off season move?

ESPN’s NFL coverage is going to look a lot different next season. After taking veteran Chris Berman off the pro football beat, the Worldwide Leader today laid off John Clayton, who had been covering the gridiron for the network since the first Clinton administration:

[twitter]https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/869961702845984768[/twitter]

The bespectacled insider known as “The Professor,” who was inducted into the writer’s wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007, had been with ESPN since 1995 as a senior NFL writer and commentator. He was a regular guest on the network’s TV and radio program and will continue to host his daily radio show on ESPN’s Seattle station.

Jeremy Maclin has been released

And picked up by the Ravens. Good move, they weren't gonna have anyone to throw to if they didn't do something. Ozzie Newsome is crapping the bed on getting WR's in there. Loving Steve Smith and Kamar Aiken left a void for sure. Wallace and Maclin will be a good combination though.

VN Store

Back