*****2016 VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 2

HAHAHAA - I actually got halfway down the page before I realized that i was picking last week... :)

So here is how I landed this week and my rationale:
TCU - I don't think Arky's D can hang with a points machine
Penn St - P State's D is slightly better right now
Cincy - Purdue is improved, but not that much
NC St - Almost went for E Car, but I don;t think the new coach gets his first W here
Duke - They are better in all 3 phases right now
MTSU - It's Vandy...unless Vandy buries them early I look for MTSU to pull this one out
Ms St - Don't think Ms St has dropped off that much without Prescott - they figure some things out this week
TENNESSEE - look for us to be prepared to play in this one
N Carolina - Lovie ball takes it's first loss, too much baggage from the last couple years
Tx Tech - Especially if it turns into a shooting match.

You read my ballot, flipping on the Pirates because Leach's WSU squad lost a shootout with li'l ol' Eastern Washington last weekend. You're suffering from the P-to-P heebie jeebies. There's absolutely no connection, but irrational quivers run deep. Next time you're faced with a NCSU @ ECU scenario and nonsensical associations are clouding your decision making, just flip a coin. :eek:k:

Man...KY, LSU, and Okla really screwed a bunch of us. There would be a lot of perfect scores had those 3 handled business. (I'm actually glad that all 3 lost in the big picture).

Yes, Allen. No matter how fracked the majority's picks were afterwards, it is good to see fearless SoMiss win one, the Badgers prevail on home soil (makes you want a bratwurst, doesn't it?), and Houston make its mark (the way Tennessee fell short of doing in 2015), leaving its calling card with the Big12-2.

VN Store

Back