2016 GA PF Romello White

AD, I like you and we have always been civil, but there are some elements of truth in what he's saying. Just being real with you. It is hard to see faults in people when you have a vested interest in them, and you have a much greater vested interest in Jabari than any of us do.

This is the type of conflict I warned of when your first started posting. It's hard to see others be critical of yoir loved ones, even if it is constructive because our first instinct is to come to their defense, evenif it means turning a blind eye to their obvious shortcomings. Keep posting here. You bring a good energy, but please realize, some people will be nasty and unfair, and some people will be unjustly over-positive. Everything in between isn't harsh. Sometimes it's just the truth that we don't allow ourselves to see.

Chris, while I appreciate your take on this you must understand that I don't have this problem with anyone Only BTO. I have taken criticisms from others. I even tell Jabari what people suggest. So I'm not blind about his shortcomings. But BTO has a slick tongue and I know exactly what he's doing. You may not see it because you don't follow all of my post. But when a person has something smart to say or contradicts whatever you say then there is an underlying reason for it

I do realize that are just some rude people in this world and I guess I should just ignore them when I cross their paths. Thanks anyway. I'll try hard to take your advice.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people
People interpret things differently. What I read and get from it you may not get the same interpretation. It happens a lot on here and that's natural.

But when a family member posts a dislike or expresses a concern it seems to be a major problem.

This is the point many are trying to make, you interpret everything said about Jabari that isn't all positive as being nasty and derogatory and that simply isn't the case.

Reactions: 4 people
This is the point many are trying to make, you interpret everything said about Jabari that isn't all positive as being nasty and derogatory and that simply isn't the case.

And the point I'm making is you keep saying that I do it about EVERYTHING said about Jabari and THAT is just simply isn't the case.

Now can we just agree to drop this?

Reactions: 2 people
And the point I'm making is you keep saying that I do it about EVERYTHING said about Jabari and THAT is just simply isn't the case.

Now can we just agree to drop this?

I'm the last person to defend BTO, but this guy knows his stuff when it comes to bball. Reading through the thread it would appear to me that you are the one who has over reacted. Now, you are telling him to move on? I have absolutely no dog in the fight, but based on what I'm reading, if you want to truly bury the hatchet then you might want to try a different method. Here is how it comes across. "Hey BTO, you're wrong and basically an a-hole, but I'm willing to move on. Let's shake on it (Basically, that you're wrong and a-hole).

Reactions: 1 person
I'm the last person to defend BTO, but this guy knows his stuff when it comes to bball. Reading through the thread it would appear to me that you are the one who has over reacted. Now, you are telling him to move on? I have absolutely no dog in the fight, but based on what I'm reading, if you want to truly bury the hatchet then you might want to try a different method. Here is how it comes across. "Hey BTO, you're wrong and basically an a-hole, but I'm willing to move on. Let's shake on it (Basically, that you're wrong and a-hole).
Well, he is an a-hole lol

Reactions: 6 people
I'm the last person to defend BTO, but this guy knows his stuff when it comes to bball (I don't doubt that but he's not the BBall God). Reading through the thread it would appear to me that you are the one who has over reacted. Now, you are telling him to move on? I am and I think he has. You should as well. I have absolutely no dog in the fight, (Can't prove it by this post) but based on what I'm reading, (your interpretation) if you want to truly bury the hatchet then you might want to try a different method (I don't think so). Here is how it comes across. "Hey BTO, you're wrong and basically an a-hole, but I'm willing to move on. Let's shake on it (Basically, that you're wrong and a-hole). These are your words, not mine, but you made a good point :thumbsup:).

LOL...You just made BTO "your dog in the fight". But I ain't mad at you.

Last edited:
Well, he is an a-hole lol

I don't think he even is much of an a-hole imo. But either way...it shouldn't bother people. I hate some of the "experts" in recruiting and on sports networks. They have terrible biases sometimes and personal issues get in their way. But at the end of the day I look at the facts. BTO may come across as blunt and rude sometimes, but he's been here for a long time and more often than not, has a good idea what is going on with Vol Basketball.

I mean this in the nicest way possible Auntie...you've truly been one of the better posters for a while. Personally I've tried to stay out of the Jabari talk since you joined, because with a family member posting, I know things might get touchy if someone says something that comes across rude. When you first joined, people kissed ass to impress you or whatever. It was dumb, but maybe that got you expecting the wrong thing. Everyone is not going to agree that Jabari is a great player, who is a good person. You just can't expect us to know him like you might. We barely saw him play. But everything we heard is the right thing. Credit him for sticking with UT when it would have been easy to leave.

All that aside, don't take it hard if people aren't all 100% positive of Jabari. It's not a big deal.

Reactions: 3 people
I mean this in the nicest way possible Auntie...you've truly been one of the better posters for a while. Personally I've tried to stay out of the Jabari talk since you joined, because with a family member posting, I know things might get touchy if someone says something that comes across rude. When you first joined, people kissed ass to impress you or whatever. It was dumb, but maybe that got you expecting the wrong thing. Everyone is not going to agree that Jabari is a great player, who is a good person. You just can't expect us to know him like you might. We barely saw him play. But everything we heard is the right thing. Credit him for sticking with UT when it would have been easy to leave.

All that aside, don't take it hard if people aren't all 100% positive of Jabari. It's not a big deal.

And I absolutely don't expect everyone to be 100% Jabari. Say what you will and what you feel about Jabari. Others do it. I only respond negatively to people who are just rude and facetious.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back