2015 Central Bobcats

BigO69

Thank god, its almost time for football season! This year's edition of Central football looks to be very promising. Second year coach Bryson Rosser's squad has looked very good thus far in preseason passing camps and scrimmages. The Bobcats won the 2015 FCA camp at Tennessee Tech in July, with the 7 on 7 team going Undefeated. Central has since scrimmaged at Alcoa and at Tenn Tech vs Columbia Central. Almost all the starters are back on Offense for Central, the biggest loss being QB Austin Kirby who transferred to Grace Christian in the offseason. Look for Trey Mitchell to step in to the starters role this year. We Central fans are looking at this year's team to return to the playoff's and possibly make a run, Although we do have a very tough schedule. Central begins this thursday night in the Jamboree vs Gibbs and then the first game is next friday vs South Doyle. GO BOBCATS!

Reactions: 1 person
Central and Halls used to be powers. What happened? Did Central's best end up at Fulton instead?

I can understand Halls' decline... they weren't too cool with black families moving into their neighborhoods.

I remember Central. Always enjoyed playing there...and winning.

Go Maryville.

Back a few years ago Thunder when they did the rezoning, alot of the kids the used to come to Central started going to Powell, West and yes Fulton(also, all these Private Schools that come in and cherry pick talent). But nowadays, there are so many loop holes in the system that where you live doesn't really matter. Not to mention that after Helton was forced out, Central had to endure 3 years of torture due to the coach and his decisions. Now though, Central is on the right track with Coach Rosser.

I remember Central. Always enjoyed playing there...and winning.

Go Maryville.

Easy PC, keep the gloves up. Central and Maryville used to be The Game every year. I remember going to many of those games when I was younger. Those were some great battles and truth is, had it not been for you guys, Central would have at least a couple of gold balls by now. Who knows, maybe one of these days Rosser and Quarles will get a Home and Home worked out!

Central shuts down Gibbs in the KOC Jamboree, final 7-0. Jeremiah Howard with the TD run. GO BOBCATS!

Best HS game I've ever seen is still Oak Ridge vs Central. I was 9 YO. Shawn Summers vs Todd Helton. 42-41 in the state semifinals. I think it was 2OT when the XP was blocked. There was a KR TD. The game had everything....and it was freezing.

the biggest loss being QB Austin Kirby who transferred to Grace Christian in the offseason.

What's the scoop on this one? I was shocked to see him playing for GCA on the highlights last week. I know his dad is a real tool and is never happy no matter where Kirby is playing (I've seen it first hand), but is there more to it?

Ah, Jps good to hear from you. What happened was that after last year, Rosser brought Kirby in and told him that he would no longer have a hand in calling the defense. He told him he could stay on staff but Kirby refused. So Kirby left and took his son with him. The son then transferred to Claiborne Co for the spring semester which is 30 miles or more outside Knox County. He then came back in the summer and then enrolled at Grace. They basically found a loophole in the system so he would be eligible to play this year. But no matter, we don't care. Central will be fine, we have a good QB now with a big arm and very accurate. Not to mention our RB's :good!: By the way JPs, where's all our Fulton fans this year? Seems quiet to me!

Ah, Jps good to hear from you. What happened was that after last year, Rosser brought Kirby in and told him that he would no longer have a hand in calling the defense. He told him he could stay on staff but Kirby refused. So Kirby left and took his son with him. The son then transferred to Claiborne Co for the spring semester which is 30 miles or more outside Knox County. He then came back in the summer and then enrolled at Grace. They basically found a loophole in the system so he would be eligible to play this year. But no matter, we don't care. Central will be fine, we have a good QB now with a big arm and very accurate. Not to mention our RB's :good!: By the way JPs, where's all our Fulton fans this year? Seems quiet to me!

I'm not at all surprised by this story - Kirby has done this since Austin was 7 years old. I'm thinking Central is going to be tough this year. Still not sure about Powell - my son graduated so I haven't been following them as closely, but word on the street is Ellis is going to be a good coach. I think we are a little short on talent and depth, but I believe we will be miles ahead of the debacle that was put on display last year.

It will be interesting to see how Fulton fares with a freshman starting at QB. I can't imagine they will be as good as the last two years, but I guess we'll find out week 1 with the Maryville matchup.

By the way, there will be no bets this year on the Powell vs. Central game - unless you spot me some points :)

I'm not at all surprised by this story - Kirby has done this since Austin was 7 years old. I'm thinking Central is going to be tough this year. Still not sure about Powell - my son graduated so I haven't been following them as closely, but word on the street is Ellis is going to be a good coach. I think we are a little short on talent and depth, but I believe we will be miles ahead of the debacle that was put on display last year.

It will be interesting to see how Fulton fares with a freshman starting at QB. I can't imagine they will be as good as the last two years, but I guess we'll find out week 1 with the Maryville matchup.

By the way, there will be no bets this year on the Powell vs. Central game - unless you spot me some points :)

The coach over at Powell came from Clinton. You all got yourself a really good coach. Give him a couple of years and Powell should be back in a big way.

We're hoping so! :)

Going to take more than a couple of years, in my opinion. With the talent exodus to private schools in the area over the last few years of coaching instability and the way the last coach turned the program in to an absolute dumpster fire in a short period of time success isn't going to come quickly.

I like Rodney Ellison a lot, and the new AD - Chad Smith (not to be confused with the new principal, DR. Chad Smith) coached under Matt Lowe at Powell and was a great choice for that position. Chad will do whatever possible to help Rodney get what he needs to turn the program back around.

I see Powell back to being solidly competitive again, but it's going to take a while. Powell fans just need to be patient.

Going to take more than a couple of years, in my opinion. With the talent exodus to private schools in the area over the last few years of coaching instability and the way the last coach turned the program in to an absolute dumpster fire in a short period of time success isn't going to come quickly.

I like Rodney Ellison a lot, and the new AD - Chad Smith (not to be confused with the new principal, DR. Chad Smith) coached under Matt Lowe at Powell and was a great choice for that position. Chad will do whatever possible to help Rodney get what he needs to turn the program back around.

I see Powell back to being solidly competitive again, but it's going to take a while. Powell fans just need to be patient.
Agree with everything you said. Are you coming back to Powell or sticking at South Doyle?

You make some excellent points. I graduated from Clinton in 2005 so it was before Rodney got there but i watched some of the games last year when he was the OC at Clinton and he is a great offensive coach that actually has DC experience as well he was the DC at Wartburg before becoming Head Coach. He took Wartburg to a school record 9 wins a few years back. I think he will get Powell back quicker then most think.

First Victim of the Larry Slade defense:South Doyle. Central intercepts SD 3 times, 2 returned for TD's as Central DEMOLISHES SD 38-3. The Bobcats defense could and should be one of the best in the area. The offense started a little slow but Junior QB Trey Mitchell got going and found Matt Randolph on a 40 yd TD pass in qtr 2. The running game wasn't bad, but has to clean up some fumbling issues. Next victim:Campbell County, GO BOBCATS!

VN Store

Back