2014 qb

It will be Dobbs. CBJ has made no secret of the type of offense he's implementing. It will be fast and furious with no dithering. The QB will hand the ball off or pass the ball or run very quickly. Dobbs fits this profile and Worley does not. The types on this site who keep guessing Worley are masochists who did not get enough of a pounding when the man they called Fergy left. :whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks. Enjoy everyone's input. Regretted my 2nd comment as soon as I hit enter. Punishment taken.

You're forgiven. It helps for some to remember that many posters have busy lives and only check what's going on in VN every now and then, unlike me who lives and breathes this crap every waking moment.....:thumbsup:

It will be Dobbs. CBJ has made no secret of the type of offense he's implementing. It will be fast and furious with no dithering. The QB will hand the ball off or pass the ball or run very quickly. Dobbs fits this profile and Worley does not. The types on this site who keep guessing Worley are masochists who did not get enough of a pounding when the man they called Fergy left. :whistling:

No. Worley.

Worley was playing a lot better and then got hurt and couldn't continue. Dobbs was horrible as you could expect from a freshman thrown to the fire. No one has raved about his improcement to my knowledge so saying he will finish the season as our established started doesn't make sense to me. Its JWs til he loses it.

I hear indications that both Worley and Dobbs are improved, as one would expect. I think Worley will get the nod, as a senior, but Dobbs is very capable.

Maybe this has been discussed previously, but do we have any indication of who the starting QB will be this year??

Man I don't mean nothing by it, but where in the h@ll you been, all summer long we Vol Nation have raised h@ll about who should be the QB, but going in to the fall its Worley1a and Dobbs 1b, but if I was a betting man I would say Worley takes the first snap against Utah State, wake up man there is a whole world out there I think.:)

Based on what Hubbs said on the NML on Thursday, it's very likely it's Worley. I trust Brent.

Last edited:
Worley will get the start, book it. For the following reasons:
1. He's a senior.
2. Regardless of what some fans say he had a solid season last year (not great). He beat South Carolina and almost beat Georgia.
3. The positive comment Coach Jones made about Worley and the passing academy was a signal.

Not withstanding the above, if Worley stays healthy, still expect to see Dobbs (mostly) and Peterman will play some in a clean up role. The QB position is all good!

Doesn't matter...North, Croom, Pig, Malone, Pearson, Wharton, Helm, Wolf will make whom ever look great.

OP.. Gonna save some time here.

No one on this site knows.

Wait till the End of Fall Camp.

Butch will let us know.

Agreed. But will take it further and say NO ONE KNOWS. My guess is with all the technology, charts, films, support staff, and science that major college football programs use - there are probably VERY DETAILED SCORECARDS already made out for each QB this year and WHOMEVER GETS THE BEST SCORE by a certain date will get the starting job. Just guessing.

Worley seems to be the favorite, but I hope it's Dobbs. He's more talented as a runner and passer. Worley struggled really badly to get the ball to receivers last year. Even the North catch against USC was pretty under-thrown and North made a sick play to win the game for us. Hoping for Dobbs but scared for Worley unless he's made big improvements as reported. We'll see.

Wow, guys ask a question and gets BS sarcastic answers.

Here's my take:

I think most on here believe Worley will be the starter because he's a senior and did pretty well at the Manning passing academy.

I hope he's made a lot of progress if he's going to start because he seemed to have a very slow almost telegraphed release last year and he seemed to have a week arm, under throwing most of the longer throws.

Truth is though, I don't think anyone knows for sure which way we go.

Worley's arm looked like at least a month to me.

Worley seems to be the favorite, but I hope it's Dobbs. He's more talented as a runner and passer. Worley struggled really badly to get the ball to receivers last year. Even the North catch against USC was pretty under-thrown and North made a sick play to win the game for us. Hoping for Dobbs but scared for Worley unless he's made big improvements as reported. We'll see.

Dobbs will never see the field again...look it is time to move on...

Butch will change his offense this year to UT and SEC legitimate...no more high school bullsheet>>>>>
Butch gets it

Worley can't run, isn't going to run, don't want to run.

You guys are way too hung up on Worley running. Can he take care of the ball? Can he make quick decisions and deliver the ball to his playmakers accurately? Those are the more important questions. To this point, he's evidently shown to the coaches that he does those things better than Dobbs. Worley will start unless Dobbs improves by leaps and bounds in August. In other words, Worley will start.

The senior is going to get the start. That's Butch's style and philosophy (as is most coaches in his position). If Worley wins games he stays, if not, Dobbs gets a shot.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back