2014 GA C Isaiah Manderson

Maybe you're being sarcastic, but this isn't the same deal as McKnight. Manderson is a high school senior, Mcknight's issue was having been at 2 other 4 year schools and getting into trouble at both.

My bad I thought this guys was transferring from Oregon State? Or was he committed then backed out when they got a new coach? For some reason I thought he was a graduate transfer.

My bad I thought this guys was transferring from Oregon State? Or was he committed then backed out when they got a new coach? For some reason I thought he was a graduate transfer.

Nope, he was a recruit, got a release because of coaching change.

Below the rim lumberjack type. Does he fit?
Most likely 3 open schollies going into next season?

I wouldn't really consider him a below the rim, lumberjack type, he's not a Maymon.

Isaiah Manderson '14 @ The NBPA Top 100 Camp - YouTube

He's probably not as athletic as a McKnight, or Owens, but he's physically ready for SEC play which would have to be a perk you would think.

As for next year, Chiles, Richardson, 2 open scholarships currently...I would say at least a class of 4.

Good to know, thanks. Has he said anything about them still looking, or ready to just roll with that they got. Curious how we got beat out by UCF for Davis, if we were indeed pursuing him like his coach said.

Nothing really. Rob says we looked into Davis but didn't pursue.

Nothing really. Rob says we looked into Davis but didn't pursue.

Ok, makes more sense, was gonna be hard to fathom that guy picking UCF over UT.

I've gotta hand it to Tyndall, he doesn't appear to be willing to reach, and he said he wouldn't. Everyone realizes the issues in the front court, but he's not gonna hamper future recruiting classes by reaching on guys just for this years benefit.

Roll with what you've got, and look to sign 4-5 impact guys in the 2015 class, only lose Richardson and Chiles and you're poised for a big jump from year 1 to year 2.

Last edited:
Ok, makes more sense, was gonna be hard to fathom that guy picking UCF over UT.

I've gotta hand it to Tyndall, he doesn't appear to be willing to reach, and he said he wouldn't. Everyone realizes the issues in the front court, but he's not gonna hamper future recruiting classes by reaching on guys just for this years benefit.

Roll with what you've got, and look to sign 4-5 impact guys in the 2015 class, only lose Richardson and Chiles and you're poised for a big jump from year 1 to year 2.

I think you are right on this. You take a shot on a transfer that's a 1 or at most 2 year deal but you don't give a 4 year player a scholly unless he can make a real impact.

I wouldn't really consider him a below the rim, lumberjack type, he's not a Maymon.

Isaiah Manderson '14 @ The NBPA Top 100 Camp - YouTube

He's probably not as athletic as a McKnight, or Owens, but he's physically ready for SEC play which would have to be a perk you would think.

As for next year, Chiles, Richardson, 2 open scholarships currently...I would say at least a class of 4.

I don't see Mostella getting in. Like to see donnie prod him to Motlow for a season with Quenton.

Paging CaVol

@GoodmanESPN: Former Oregon St signee Isaiah Manderson visiting Georgia State tomorrow, source told ESPN. Already have RJ Hunter, Ryan Harrow, Kevin Ware.

@GoodmanESPN: Manderson is also looking at Tennessee, Florida State and Texas Tech, source told ESPN.

“@LarsHanson: Former Oregon State PF signee Isaiah Manderson told me he has a top three of Cleveland State, Texas Tech and Temple. #TTU #Temple #OregonSt”

VN Store

Back