2013 John Adams Article

bigfredtn

It was the former AD's fault back then. Who does the former AD blame now?
“We had four presidents in six years,” Fulmer said in explaining UT’s fall from football prominence. “We ended up with an athletic director that wasn’t prepared for the job. He got twisted like a pretzel by the middle management of the university."
John Adams: Phillip Fulmer needs to look in a mirror before assessing blame

“We had four presidents in six years,” Fulmer said in explaining UT’s fall from football prominence. “We ended up with an athletic director that wasn’t prepared for the job. He got twisted like a pretzel by the middle management of the university."
Adams gets a lot of flak, but he’s been spot on in his assessments of Fulmer and UT football over the last 15 years. Sometimes we don’t want to see what’s really going on.

I would bet Fulmer won't take a shred of responsibility for this fiasco.

And he will take pot shots at the current regime any chance he gets in the media like he did while he was away from Knoxville.

A lot of people have been right about the UTAD for years. Problem is, not many reside on VN or, are brave enough to admit it.

We've sucked for so long, I think we're just a bit conditioned to all the shenanigans in Ktown.

Digging up bones want help or solve our problems. I'm hoping the media and our fans will give this new Coach and team a fresh start. Fulmer takeing shots at our program now or in the future will tell alot about his loyalty imo.

Players liked him, but he got out coached regularly once the SEC coaching talent pool was upgraded in the mid 2000’s
SEC coaching talent was weak during Fulmer’s hay day. UT’ recruiting budget was the biggest in the nation as well.
AND,
I think the players appreciated his “tacos”.

SEC coaching talent was weak during Fulmer’s hay day. UT’ recruiting budget was the biggest in the nation as well.
AND,
I think the players appreciated his “tacos”.
Slow bleed since 2001 SECCG. Landscape around college was easy for TN to recruit nationally and put up big buildings before everyone else.

Usually when you start blaming other people for your shortcomings you're never heard from again. But I guess Fulmer played the game to perfection. He set himself up to be the top dog in the whole athletic department. Evidently he's still winning as evidenced by a hefty buyout.

The day he was made AD I cringed. When his lost of 3 was known I cringed. When he picked Pruitt over Steele I really cringed.

Fulmer is an arrogant pr!€k. Fulmer loves himself some Fulmer. He can do no wrong and how dare anyone accuse him of it. Hiring coaches he knows best. I can’t believe you all think he is at fault here. He is a living legend and should’ve never been fired regardless of how outdated he’d become. Just ask him and he’ll tell you all about it.

1612115880279.gif

Anyone that has been continually negative over the past 15 or so years will appear to have insight when all they ever had was coincidence.

Adams gets a lot of flak, but he’s been spot on in his assessments of Fulmer and UT football over the last 15 years. Sometimes we don’t want to see what’s really going on.
Agreed. Never understood the hate for Adams. He's right on most of his articles.

Reactions: lefthander
Adams is a POS. Fulmer had 2 losing seasons in 16 years. 2005 was bad , I’ll admit that . 2008 we were trying to change the offense, because that’s what all the fans wanted. They wanted a Tebow offense. Fulmer should have stood his ground and not attempted to change it. Had to have the right players for the change. He was on his way to recruiting the right players. Got fired in the middle of the season. What a slap in the face , to a man that had spent the biggest part of his life , playing and coaching for Tennessee. The fans should have respect for this man. He loves the University of Tennessee.

VN Store

Back