2006 Football Season 1/3 over: Your Assessment?

rockydoc

We're three and one and about like I expected at this time. With a little luck could have been 4-0 (say the INT TD by M. Mitchell had not been erased) but we also could have been 2-2 had AF converted on the 2 point conversion.

Some of the things that have happened, like the key injuries (Harrell, Foster, Inky) are unpredictable and unfortunate, but my questions to my fellow Vol fans out in cyberspace are:
1) Most pleasant suprise(s)
2) Biggist disappointment(s)
3) What to expect the rest of the season
4) Anyone player that hasn't been a factor so far that you anticipate to step up big in the remainder of the season
5) Coaches: What grades do you give the new coaches (or coaches at newpositions like T. Taylor) to date

1) Ainge/Cutcliffe

2) Aarron Sears/Oline

3) 10-2

4) Coker

5) Cutcliffe A
Tayler A
Adkins D
Roper C

Chavis B
Brooks B
Caldwell C-
Slade B-

i have really enjoyed watching the recievers this year.

i would say our run defense has been the biggest disappointment for me.

i expect the rest of the season to be pretty good. i think we will get the o-line and d-line figured out. i think we will finished tied for the lead in the sec east

i think EA will continue to improve and be phenomonal. after last night i hope they give coker some more playing time to see if he is really legit.

i have to say that play last night that was called on 3rd and inches in the first quarter was awesome. i would say if there was one moment that really makes this team look different from last year that was it. i would give cutcliffe a B+

We're three and one and about like I expected at this time. With a little luck could have been 4-0 (say the INT TD by M. Mitchell had not been erased) but we also could have been 2-2 had AF converted on the 2 point conversion.

Some of the things that have happened, like the key injuries (Harrell, Foster, Inky) are unpredictable and unfortunate, but my questions to my fellow Vol fans out in cyberspace are:
4) Anyone player that hasn't been a factor so far that you anticipate to step up big in the remainder of the season
5) Coaches: What grades do you give the new coaches (or coaches at newpositions like T. Taylor) to date

1. Ainge/Recievers
2. Oline/Dline
3. Expect to figure out our problems with OL/DL. Expect to not lose again and for FLA to lose 2.
4. I would really like for Anderson to step up and do something. Block and play like he did he soph year.
5. Taylor A+
Cut A-
Adkins C-
Slade B-
Chavis B

Overall I give the Team a B.

1-Ainge, Meachem, and Swain for sure.
2 - Dline with Oline very close behind
3 - Close games, whehter the opponent is UGA or UK, does not matter
4 - Someone is going to have to step up on D-line. Williams, Fisher, Bolden....someone.
5 - O line coach F
Receivers coach A
RB coach C+
DL coach D
DB coach B
LB coach B
QB coach A
Special teams coaches C-

1)Ainge
2)Defense (not bad, but was expecting better)
3)Improvement in running game and our defense
4)Bolden
5)Trooper Taylor - A+
Coach Cut - A+
all others B - C

1. Whipping Cal like a red headed step child, Robert Meachem

2. Offensive Line, Defensive Line. (AKA The Meat)

3. I expect them to run the table. But in reality they'll lose 1 or 2. I hope I'm wrong.

4. Coker is the easy pick, but I'm going to go with D. Morley.

5. Cutcliffe A-
T. Taylor A+
Roper B-
Luke- We have tight ends???? D
Rick Clausen- A+
Greg Adkins- C-
Coaches that coach special teams- F

1. Passing offense
2. Arian Foster
3. 1 loss the rest of the season (LSU)
4. DeMetrice Morley
5. Cutcliffe: A; Trooper: A+; Atkins: C+; Luke: B-; Roper:B
Chavis: B; Slade: B

1. Erik Ainge
2. Demetrice Morley
3. Tie for SEC East with Florida
4. Walter Fisher
5. Trooper: A
Atkins: D