2000 Orange Bowl

I was talking to my Oklahoma friend the other day. He said they chose to get rid of Huepel in favor of Lincoln Riley. Karma is a bitch

Reactions: GritNGrind1906
There are alot of erie similarities and coincidences between Heup's playing career and his now coaching career that could playout...

First season:
Playing career 7-5
Coaching career 7-5

Second season:
Playing Career: 13-0
- Wins over #1 Nebraska and #2 Kansas State in the second half of their season...
Natty over Florida State (ironic)

Coaching career: 5-0
-Wins needed over #3 Bama and #1 Georgia in the second half of our season.

He has litterally done what we need to do as a player. We couldn't have a better person calling the shots for what we want to accomplish. Let's go Vols!

There are alot of erie similarities and coincidences between Heup's playing career and his now coaching career that could playout...

First season:
Playing career 7-5
Coaching career 7-5

Second season:
Playing Career: 13-0
- Wins over #1 Nebraska and #2 Kansas State in the second half of their season...
Natty over Florida State (ironic)

Coaching career: 5-0
-Wins needed over #3 Bama and #1 Georgia in the second half of our season.

He has litterally done what we need to do as a player. We couldn't have a better person calling the shots for what we want to accomplish. Let's go Vols!
He coached at UCF before here...

Reactions: feathersax
He coached at UCF before here...
He played at Weber state and snow college (juco) before Oklahoma too… the correlations are undeniable who better to lead us then a guy who has done almost exactly what he is trying to do as a coach when he was a player… bring back a prestigious program who has been down for a stretch… he knows exactly what it takes to beat top teams in year 2 of the same system like he was in OU and now he has a transfer senior experienced Qb who is in the 2nd system in the system who is likely to finish 2nd in heisman due to CJ stroud ridiculous stats… it’s kinda scary but it almost feels like destiny… he will have these guys ready every week and prepared expecting to win and executing at a high level… does that mean he will do it
?? no but it gives us as good a chance as we could ask for at this stage of a program that is 2 years removed from 3-7… even at UCF he went undefeated as a coach which is impressive at any college level to be better than your opponent every single game is tough to do not many coaches at any college level can say that… Heup is the right man for the job enjoy this era vol nation we deserve this GBO.

Reactions: SoFloVFL
He played at Weber state and snow college (juco) before Oklahoma too… the correlations are undeniable who better to lead us then a guy who has done almost exactly what he is trying to do as a coach when he was a player… bring back a prestigious program who has been down for a stretch… he knows exactly what it takes to beat top teams in year 2 of the same system like he was in OU and now he has a transfer senior experienced Qb who is in the 2nd system in the system who is likely to finish 2nd in heisman due to CJ stroud ridiculous stats… it’s kinda scary but it almost feels like destiny… he will have these guys ready every week and prepared expecting to win and executing at a high level… does that mean he will do it
?? no but it gives us as good a chance as we could ask for at this stage of a program that is 2 years removed from 3-7… even at UCF he went undefeated as a coach which is impressive at any college level to be better than your opponent every single game is tough to do not many coaches at any college level can say that… Heup is the right man for the job enjoy this era vol nation we deserve this GBO.

Exactly.

I'm several years older than you, but I'm a Blackman grad. Judging by your name, I'm sure you went to Blackman or a rival!

Exactly.

I'm several years older than you, but I'm a Blackman grad. Judging by your name, I'm sure you went to Blackman or a rival!
No I’m actually born and raised in Knoxville Fulton high school played for Buck Coatney Rob black and Jody Wright. I went to MTSU and currently still live in the middle Tennessee area have been for the past decade but I have worked with and play in mens leagues with a lot of guys from Oakland Blackman riverdale La vergne and Smyrna.

VN Store

Back