'20 FL SF Corey Walker (Committed 3/3/2019)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
8502218.jpg

Corey Walker, Bishop Snyder, Small Forward
Corey Walker Jr., 2020 Small forward - Rivals

Visited this weekend. Planning an official visit.

“Basically, Rick Barnes,” Walker, the 6-foot-6, 185-pound 2020 prospect said of the reason for the unofficial visit. “He’s a legend. He coached Kevin Durant, and we all know how Kevin Durant is one of the best players in the (NBA).

“You have to go see guys like that.”

“The coaches areas, the players’ areas, the TVs, the video games, the big-screen TVs, they had everything up there,” Walker said of the new locker room and players lounge at the arena.

“Do the coaches want to push you,” he asked. “How the coaches teach their players, do they do player development. At Tennessee, that’s exactly what they were saying.

“Player development, nothing compares to them. Even the athletic trainer is helping their players get better.”

Am I mistaken or did they change the interest level in his schools? I thought I remembered seeing him being ‘warmer’ on another school?

Wow, really? Plus he is coming for an official at some point, correct? Has to be a good sign. This is a big time kid and he isn't like he's just from down the road, either.

Yup, really good sign, especially considering it’s not as if I’ve seen him going all over the country every weekend on UOV.

Yeah, unless it’s gone unreported, his last UOV was back in Nov to Florida.

Kids are smart. So are parents and coaches. “If Rick Barnes and staff can take two guys like Admiral and Grant who had mid majors offers and turn them into NBA players, what could I becomes as a top 30 kid?”

Kids are smart. So are parents and coaches. “If Rick Barnes and staff can take two guys like Admiral and Grant who had mid majors offers and turn them into NBA players, what could I becomes as a top 30 kid?”
True. Grant and Admiral did it thru hard work, and it’s likely they always had more talent than they were believed to have had coming out of HS. The bell curve for a top-30 kid is probably less severe, but if he is willing to work as hard as those two, the journey to stardom could be greatly accelerated, as well.

True. Grant and Admiral did it thru hard work, and it’s likely they always had more talent than they were believed to have had coming out of HS. The bell curve for a top-30 kid is probably less severe, but if he is willing to work as hard as those two, the journey to stardom could be greatly accelerated, as well.

Moreso Admiral than Grant. If Grant was 6’10 and in better shape he would have been a 5* one and done talent. I truly believe that.

But kids might see draft boards and see late first/early second and think within two years under Barnes can be top ten.

It’s why Josiah James if going to be so important.

Moreso Admiral than Grant. If Grant was 6’10 and in better shape he would have been a 5* one and done talent. I truly believe that.

But kids might see draft boards and see late first/early second and think within two years under Barnes can be top ten.

It’s why Josiah James if going to be so important.
Agree on Grant

5-star SF Corey Walker — No. 23
8513720.jpg
(Photo: Billy Embody, 247Sports)
Walker, the 6-foot-6 product out of Jacksonville, was on campus at Tennessee over the weekend for an unofficial visit, telling GoVols247 last week that he took the trip to get a closer look at the program built by Rick Barnes, who he described as “a legend.” Walker is the No. 6 small forward in the class and said he plans to return to Tennessee for an official visit as his recruitment continues. Louisville, Florida and Florida State, among others, are part of the competition.

- Grant Ramey

A baseball scout once told me "95% of the athletes are as good as they will ever be by age 16. Those that improve after that become the prospects."

Barnes and his staff are taking this player development to a new level. Last year it was Williams, Turner and Schofield who went to the next level. This yr its Bone, Bowden and Alexander.

VN Store

Back