20,000 Bowling Green tickets remain

I live 20 mins from Nashville but will not be attending. I am only able to make about 1-2 games per season, and I'm saving those for Rocky Top

Agree with comments above about Nashville Sports Council. Years ago when the Music City Bowl was first getting started, they market group tickets in the Upper Deck for $10-$15 to promote attendance for young people and families. Now that the Bowl is popular, they don't have to do that anymore. Maybe there will be a special promotion for that type of purchase in the next few weeks.

I don't know who is going to be out scalping tickets at give away prices on game day. This sounds like those who always think Vanderbilt ticket holders will be giving their tickets away when UT comes to play. The Titans no longer give away their unsold tickets to scalpers. They got in trouble for that this past year and had to pay the city taxes on those tickets.

Aint nobody cares about no beer, I needs to get my whiskey drunk on! lol

I checked the Titans web site and they do not specify what types of alcohol they sell.
I've never been to a game there.
Maybe someone who has can answer your question.

There is no valid excuse for a football program of Tennessee's stature to not sell out a game in its home state, regardless of venue, opponent, weather, or ticket prices.

Reactions: 3 people
I live in Nashville so I couldn't be happier. Catch a vol game and be back home in 15 min!

Also free parking at the AT&T building because of my work.... Yep!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
How about not, I want to have as few neutral sight games as possible. Things like the Bristol bowl are cool but we already have so few home games, why decrease that even more?

Get used to neutral site games. After next year in Bristol we have games in Atlanta and Charlotte scheduled as well.

I live 20 mins from Nashville but will not be attending. I am only able to make about 1-2 games per season, and I'm saving those for Rocky Top

This. I live just outside of Knoxville... I have been to LP Field one time to see the titans play. I would never, ever ever drop a buck-buck fifty on tickets and drive 6.5-7 hours (both ways) to watch the Vols play freaking bowling green :)

I checked the Titans web site and they do not specify what types of alcohol they sell.
I've never been to a game there.
Maybe someone who has can answer your question.

Expensive.

That's the kind they sell.

(I'm pretty sure they have the usual beers, and I think I remember a few mixed drink stands with some pretty weak drinks. If you're wanting a legit whiskey/coke or that type of thing, bring the airplane bottles. There always seemed to be a pretty long line too. It will be a new season so someone that goes to the preseason games will have a better idea what they're selling this year)

Last edited:
How about not, I want to have as few neutral sight games as possible. Things like the Bristol bowl are cool but we already have so few home games, why decrease that even more?

That's why I said this.........................

"It's in UTs best interest to play Oklahoma in Neyland"....but......

This. I live just outside of Knoxville... I have been to LP Field one time to see the titans play. I would never, ever ever drop a buck-buck fifty on tickets and drive 6.5-7 hours (both ways) to watch the Vols play freaking bowling green :)

why not, we who live in Nashville drove that far to watch them play Austin Peay.

I used to think Vandy didn't have any fans, or that it was the bad product on the field, but it is just Nashville...they don't like football.

Amen!
The ticket prices are ridiculous to pay for a lower tier opponent. I will wait and buy on the street.

since when do we care who the opponent is? who are you there to see BG or UT?:unsure:

Exactly what I'll be doing.
:eek:k:
Get used to neutral site games. After next year in Bristol we have games in Atlanta and Charlotte scheduled as well.
can't wait for that, stadium is 15 min from the house...and i got some WVU friends, and we'll probably all go together....should be fun!

and i know a ton of folks going to Bristol next year.

That's fine, some east TN fans have strong feelings of entitlement. Go to the games bc they're a 30 min drive from the house. Wonder how many UT fans have never driven over 2 hours to see the Vols play? You find out how much of a fan you are when watching the team live means spending hours in the car, staying in hotels or on friends' couches, giving up your entire weekend for a few hours of live football bc you know you only get so many games a year.

Reactions: 2 people
^ I've always wondered what percentage of season ticket holders live 3 or more hours from Knoxville.

That's fine, some east TN fans have strong feelings of entitlement. Go to the games bc they're a 30 min drive from the house. Wonder how many UT fans have never driven over 2 hours to see the Vols play? You find out how much of a fan you are when watching the team live means spending hours in the car, staying in hotels or on friends' couches, giving up your entire weekend for a few hours of live football bc you know you only get so many games a year.

I drive ~3.5 hours to see my Vols play in Neyland

VN Store

Back