2 MORE LOSSES???

patrick

Tennessee has a monumental task ahead of them: beating Alabama and Notre Dame!!!!!!!

With our offensive woes, I think that we could be looking at a 7 and 4 season!!!!!!

I think we will get at least one of those games. I refuse to beleive that we left our offense in Baton Rouge. I was glad to see the team put away that final touchdown against UGA. They let us all know that they are not giving up. :D

Originally posted by VolunteerHillbilly@Oct 10, 2005 9:50 AM
I think we will get at least one of those games.  I refuse to beleive that we left our offense in Baton Rouge.  I was glad to see the team put away that final touchdown against UGA.  They let us all know that they are not giving up.  :D
[snapback]163379[/snapback]​

Everyone already knows my take I am sure. I didn't see any coaching deficiencies. Our problems were not the coaches or the game plan. I saw miserable play by our offense.

I don't understand the inability to get open. Our WRs have great size and great speed but they can't turn those attributes in to pass completions.

I don't understand our WRs inability to catch passes. When the ball hits them in the hands they must come up with a way to actually catch it.

I don't understand how our massive offensive line can't create holes. They have been widely reported as spectacular in ability but still the holes seem to never be there. (In fairness, I thought our OLs did a great job of pass protection.

I don't understand how we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with pointless penalties. How many drives have been halted by illegal procedure call this year? These screw-ups are killing us.

I don't understand our weak special teams play. Somehow, we must come up with a way to get the ball past the 20 yard line on kickoffs. Somehow we must come up with a way to get to the opponents punters to improve our field position. Somehow we must come up with a way to get some respectable punt returns.

This has been a very dissapointing season thus far. However, I can't see the coaches as the ones to blame. The boys in the Orange Jersies with numbers on them are the problems. Until the players, especially the offense, learn to perform up to their abilities, we will continue to woefully weak and see more L's than W's.

We have two weeks to prepare for BAMMER. Let's getter done.

Go Vols, Beat Bammer

volunteerhillbilly what offense in baton rouge. we won because lsu got conservative plain and simple they give us the game. if nick saban had been there we would have lost by 28. we will finish 7-4 or 6-5 going into the bowl game. alabama is going to put a whoppin on us and there is not alot we can do about it. i think in the 4th quarter of the georgia game the coaching staff finally broke our defense, if they realize we won't score any points the game down in bama may be one of the worst in recent history. clausen is a joke at qb, alot of talk and no action, fullmer won't bench him because he wants little brother jimmy, who is leaning to usc, and who can blame him. look at there offense and look at ours we are a joke. i have always wanted my son to play football at ut i have always been a ut fan, but icouldn't even give my blessing for him to go there if he was a highly rated prospect. what can you tell him go to ut where they won't utilize you, and they don't care about it. look what they done for poor jason allen, come back to tennessee where we will compete for an sec champ, what a joke. the man showed loyalty and came back to tennessee and they(fullmer)betrayed him. i sure hope they take care of that young man since they put his future in dought.

We basically have a two game bowl season. ND and Bama are the only games we have to gain any monentum for the future. I hope that the seniors will get it together and bring this group of athletes into a team. Forget the coaches, they are doing all the can do and that should be taken care of after this season is over. Right now, we need these players to get up and make plays. The offesnive line is a joke. They CAN'T pass block. We give up too many sacks and we had a fumble because of thier poor play. We only had 48 rushing yards-that sucks. Riggs has a 4.3ypc average so it is not his fault. How many TDs does he have rushing? We have gone 7 quaters without a score this year-terrible. We have to get back to getting 150 yards a game running somehow. We need to finish this season with pride. We need this team to start playing like a team. If they finish 7-4, the seniors let this team down. They are the only ones who can save this team. No amout of coaching is going to get it done now. It is all about how much they want it and from the looks of saturday, looks like only ONE side of the ball wants anything. They need to get on the offense and get them going. Go Vols, beat bama, beat the domers, and run the table. See you in Tuscaloosa! :twocents:

Everyone already knows my take I am sure. I didn't see any coaching deficiencies. Our problems were not the coaches or the game plan. I saw miserable play by our offense.

I don't understand the inability to get open. Our WRs have great size and great speed but they can't turn those attributes in to pass completions.

Couldn't that fall under coaching? I understand the execution part, but eventually it takes a coach to step up and fix the problem if nothing is changing. If nothing else, take that player out of the game.

I don't understand how our massive offensive line can't create holes. They have been widely reported as spectacular in ability but still the holes seem to never be there. (In fairness, I thought our OLs did a great job of pass protection.

Again I ask, could that not be coaching as well? I agree with you, the OL is not effective in the running game at all. Riggs is just trying to make something out of nothing everytime he touches the ball. By now, shouldn't our OL be a little better at opening up those holes or stay the same or get worse? Maybe they are just too banged up to block....who knows.

I don't understand how we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with pointless penalties. How many drives have been halted by illegal procedure call this year? These screw-ups are killing us.

Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but doesn't team discipline fall under that coaching thing as well? Granted, the coaches can't force them not to make stupid mistakes and some just can't be helped. We had a lot of them though.

I don't understand our weak special teams play. Somehow, we must come up with a way to get the ball past the 20 yard line on kickoffs. Somehow we must come up with a way to get to the opponents punters to improve our field position. Somehow we must come up with a way to get some respectable punt returns.

I can't blame this one on coaching. I blame it on the LACK of coaching.

This has been a very dissapointing season thus far. However, I can't see the coaches as the ones to blame.

Not everything is the coaches fault. Some things can't be helped. Having said that, this team has WAY too many problems and to say that it's all the player's fault is a bit off IMO. I think it's a healthy balance of both the coaches not doing their job, the players not doing their job and some bad breaks to boot.

I have to disagree with smokedog. I thought the offense looked tolerable in the 2nd half at LSU. The problem on the front end was our superstar head case. RC isn't the most proficient QB we've ever had, but he knows the game, and he settles everybody down. That's good enough for me until we get somebody with real talent who can do the same.

As to Jimmy Clausen, I believe he has established beyond certainty that UT isn't on his short list, and PF would have to be a total moron to blow off this season in the hope of getting him to commit to us. For that matter, if that were his objective, he never would have given RC the public screwing that he did in the first few games.

As far as a 7-4 season...HA! We'll be lucky to beat SC at the rate we're going, and I'm predicting a single-digit scare over Vandy.

I hate saying this because I'm not a gloom/doom naysayer, however, I honestly don't think UT has much of a chance of beating Bama or Notre Dame. I don't see how the offense can have any confidence in scoring against bama's defense and don't believe they will; just hope the Vols D can play a great game. Notre Dame simply has too much offense and their defense, while not as good as last season, is still pretty salty. Hate to say it but IMO this Tenn team loses not 4 but 5 games this year and that my friends is going to have an adverse affect on recruiting.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we lost to Bama, SC, ND, and even Memphis and Vandy the way we've been playing. Having said that, I will still watch every game and hope for a win, and I will be right back in Orange Nation again next with the same high hopes. Obviously a year like we're going to have will hurt recruiting, but don't forget that Casey went 8-5 in his junior year and we recovered from that rather quickly. Lastly, I couldn't care less if Jimmy Clausen comes to TN. As far as I'm concerned if RS is the OC then he will just screw him up like he did to Casey and Ainge. If your son were as talented as Jimmy, wouldn't you sent him somewhere where a coach would actually develop his talent and not screw him over. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, it's good to vent. Now back to business....GO VOLS!!!!!!!! BEAT BAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things look bleak now, but these are the same guys that stormed back against LSU . . . 8-3.

Originally posted by patrick@Oct 10, 2005 8:04 AM
Tennessee has a monumental task ahead of them:  beating Alabama and Notre Dame!!!!!!!

With our offensive woes, I think that we could be looking at a 7 and 4 season!!!!!!
[snapback]163372[/snapback]​

Your right on track there...4 losses is pretty guaranteed

Originally posted by smokedog#3@Oct 10, 2005 10:02 AM
volunteerhillbilly what offense in baton rouge.  we won because lsu got conservative plain and simple they give us the game.  if nick saban had been there we would have lost by 28.  we will finish 7-4 or 6-5 going into the bowl game.  alabama is going to put a whoppin on us and there is not alot we can do about it.  i think in the 4th quarter of the georgia game the coaching staff finally broke our defense,  if they realize we won't score any points the game down in bama may be one of the worst in recent history.  clausen is a joke at qb,  alot of talk and no action,  fullmer won't bench him because he wants little brother jimmy,  who is leaning to usc,  and who can blame him.  look at there offense and look at ours we are a joke.  i have always wanted my son to play football at ut i have always been a ut fan,  but icouldn't even give my blessing for him to go there if he was a highly rated prospect.  what can you tell him go to ut where they won't utilize you,  and they don't care about it.  look what they done for poor jason allen,  come back to tennessee where we will compete for an sec champ,  what a joke.  the man showed loyalty and came back to tennessee and they(fullmer)betrayed him.  i sure hope they take care of that young man since they put his future in dought.
[snapback]163406[/snapback]​

Clausen is a joke at QB? Yeah, when I look at his stats from the Georgia game I realize that ANYBODY can complete 60% of their passes and throw for 300 yards. Man what a joke? That was sarcasam by the way. I figured I needed to point that out since you seem to be a person of little intelligence that might not have been able to recognize sarcasam. Clausen did not lose that game for UT. His stats "should" have been plenty to win that game. OUR OL lost that game. Did you not notice we rushed for about 35 yards against GA? That was Clausen's fault I suppose?

Originally posted by VolsWinRLose@Oct 10, 2005 10:59 AM
I have to disagree with smokedog. I thought the offense looked tolerable in the 2nd half at LSU. The problem on the front end was our superstar head case. RC isn't the most proficient QB we've ever had, but he knows the game, and he settles everybody down. That's good enough for me until we get somebody with real talent who can do the same.

As to Jimmy Clausen, I believe he has established beyond certainty that UT isn't on his short list, and PF would have to be a total moron to blow off this season in the hope of getting him to commit to us. For that matter, if that were his objective, he never would have given RC the public screwing that he did in the first few games.

As far as a 7-4 season...HA! We'll be lucky to beat SC at the rate we're going, and I'm predicting a single-digit scare over Vandy.
[snapback]163420[/snapback]​

First of all, Fulmer is not playing Rick in order to apease Jimmy. Rick is a better QB than Ainge right now, bottom line. And, as far as Jimmy not considering UT, thats a joke. Did you see him and one of his teammates sitting in the first row at the Miss game? His family has spoken about their over-reaction to Ainge being named that starter. He is only a junior in high school and the "likely-hood" of him coming to UT is the same as any other school. There is way too much time to say any college is out of the picture.

any qb and i say any qb is going to complete around 60% of his passes if he is throwing 5 yard outs all day. that is a fact. most of clausens yards came with the game out of reach. i don't blame rick he pretty much done what the coaching staff askes of him, but does that make him a good qb NO. very average at best and if you want to win in the sec that can't happen. ainge has talent, his head isn't in the game right now, but he gives us the best chance to win. or we could try the cooter.

Any QB can, huh? Well, I seem to remember Ainge's playing time this season and he could NOT complete them.

he usually got intercepted going down the field. he completed most of his 5 yard outs look at the florida game same result. he never hit the big downfield play eventhough we tried several times. in the lsu game i'm not sure what happened to him he looked terrible. but after saying all that if he can get his head back in the game he is still i believe our best chance to win.

yes he did overthrow some, when he went downfield he overthrew some to ,some intercepted. clausen underthrew some too in the georgia game some intercepted. if you could take clausens head and put it on ainges's body you would have a perfect qb. but since we can't do that i will stick with the guy with the most upside and better arm strength ainge or the cooter if they want to give him a try.

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Oct 11, 2005 10:50 AM
No confidence on offense and a worn-out D without Allen = 7-4
[snapback]164211[/snapback]​

g8torh8ter...u r right on target....a tired d w/ no allen cant carry this offense all year

Originally posted by therickbol@Oct 11, 2005 7:52 AM
First of all, Fulmer is not playing Rick in order to apease Jimmy. Rick is a better QB than Ainge right now, bottom line. And, as far as Jimmy not considering UT, thats a joke. Did you see him and one of his teammates sitting in the first row at the Miss game? His family has spoken about their over-reaction to Ainge being named that starter. He is only a junior in high school and the "likely-hood" of him coming to UT is the same as any other school. There is way too much time to say any college is out of the picture.
[snapback]164158[/snapback]​

Sorry, I'm only going on what he is reported to have said. Who wouldn't accept a sideline seat to what promised to be one of the biggest games of the season?

VN Store

Back