2 Baseball Vols Transferring

Everyone knows I despise TR with a passion.

But if they for sure are leaving, it is deeper than just him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Discretion? That seems to be a lost art. How many more, Doc?

Well, number wise possibly 4 more... you and I spoke of this before... I wont reveal till they are for sure and have their paths set.... remember I told you about the fallout? I have a colleague of mine who is very much on the inside. This is very sad ... for what? To keep a coach to save face. What a bunch of crap! Not one of those boys that are leaving or are about to leave should be ... Raleigh should have got the ax... knowing what I know now. and I will leave it at that.

Well, number wise possibly 4 more... you and I spoke of this before... I wont reveal till they are for sure and have their paths set.... remember I told you about the fallout? I have a colleague of mine who is very much on the inside. This is very sad ... for what? To keep a coach to save face. What a bunch of crap! Not one of those boys that are leaving or are about to leave should be ... Raleigh should have got the ax... knowing what I know now. and I will leave it at that.

Thanks for sharing your info. I certainly wasn't asking you to name names. That wouldn't be prudent.

You're right. No matter the reason, these young men feel like they have to change the paths of their lives because of one person.

It's a God-awful SHAME!!! GO VOLS!!!

This.

Stubbs has never had a cross word to say about Raleigh, and as mentioned, their families go way back.

I think Walden and the coaching staff have very different opinions on what Alan's level of talent is. I'm not surprised that he would leave, and I'm not surprised that Raleigh wouldn't try to keep him.

Stubbs may not have a "cross word" to say about Raleigh but when Raleigh calls your son--a family friend-- an F'n p----y...it does call for action. Also, Stubbs' dad feels his son has not improved under Raleigh and may be worse.

Hobock here is some info I can give you ..Raleigh called Tyler Horne to come back in desperation ... I think he is coming back.

Stubbs may not have a "cross word" to say about Raleigh but when Raleigh calls your son--a family friend-- an F'n p----y...it does call for action. Also, Stubbs' dad feels his son has not improved under Raleigh and may be worse.

You've never spent any time in a college athletic program if you don't think that kind of thing is said in just about every sport.

Coaches in Division I athletics don't treat their players like preschoolers. This isn't a monastery. Shockingly enough, there's profanity. Manhood is challenged. Guys are pushed to their limits. I've been around a lot of programs and weight rooms in my life, and haven't seen one single place where it didn't go on. Baseball, football, basketball, track, it doesn't matter.

It's a pretty big wake up call, especially in baseball where it isn't daddy coaching and coddling anymore.

heck I had HS coaches who yelled worse than that.

I threw a ball in left field trying to back pick a runner on third in a fall intrasquad game my freshman year in college and I was called words I had never heard before.

That stuff happens. If the kid has that big of an issue with it then by all means he needs to transfer, or better yet, hang up the spikes.

Yes, name calling and such is apart of the gig.. dont think that is the problem.. it was the a culmination of things , intimidation, threats with releases, more psychological crap .. and not everyone endured this only a select few .. he cussed at everyone but only had a few whipping boys... he wanted some gone.. others he wanted to toughen up.. in any case his ability to coach is questionable at best.. being tough and saying some choice words or names thats a part of the gig ..

Yes, name calling and such is apart of the gig.. dont think that is the problem.. it was the a culmination of things , intimidation, threats with releases, more psychological crap .. and not everyone endured this only a select few .. he cussed at everyone but only had a few whipping boys... he wanted some gone.. others he wanted to toughen up.. in any case his ability to coach is questionable at best.. being tough and saying some choice words or names thats a part of the gig ..

I understand. I put up with being cursed because I knew it came with the territory. However, I also was able to put up with it because I knew I had a helluva coach.

If a clown like TR had cussed me, I would have done what these kids are doing and packed my shiz up and left town.

He's a joke.

I am surprised that brother hobock isnt jumping defending TR (notice its not CTR... he does not deserve that recognition)..or C... could stand for clown, what do you think.

I understand. I put up with being cursed because I knew it came with the territory. However, I also was able to put up with it because I knew I had a helluva coach.

If a clown like TR had cussed me, I would have done what these kids are doing and packed my shiz up and left town.

We all have flaws, we're human. We understand.

However, if you have ZERO track record of success. Was a mediocre player at best. Have run off several friends already and now you go after me personally, then we got problems.

That very nice facility is going to look very cold next year?

Who is going to buy tickets to the banquet if there is not a huge guest speaking?

Another thing, is Cody not playing in Cape League? It's kind of hard to transfer if you're not in town.

I am surprised that brother hobock isnt jumping defending TR (notice its not CTR... he does not deserve that recognition)..or C... could stand for clown, what do you think.

1 is the loniest number...:) There isn't much to defend. It's just a sad sad situation. Like I posted before, I hate that these young men's lives have been negatively affected by someone that SHOULD be their General, their leader, a guy that you would wanna have in your foxhole. We obviously don't have that guy.

1 is the loniest number...:) There isn't much to defend. It's just a sad sad situation. Like I posted before, I hate that these young men's lives have been negatively affected by someone that SHOULD be their General, their leader, a guy that you would wanna have in your foxhole. We obviously don't have that guy.

And hobock has turned.

It's official, TR has no support.

We all have flaws, we're human. We understand.

However, if you have ZERO track record of success. Was a mediocre player at best. Have run off several friends already and now you go after me personally, then we got problems.

That very nice facility is going to look very cold next year?

Who is going to buy tickets to the banquet if there is not a huge guest speaking?

TR has the people skills of Marge Schott.

You've never spent any time in a college athletic program if you don't think that kind of thing is said in just about every sport.

Coaches in Division I athletics don't treat their players like preschoolers. This isn't a monastery. Shockingly enough, there's profanity. Manhood is challenged. Guys are pushed to their limits. I've been around a lot of programs and weight rooms in my life, and haven't seen one single place where it didn't go on. Baseball, football, basketball, track, it doesn't matter.

It's a pretty big wake up call, especially in baseball where it isn't daddy coaching and coddling anymore.
You have no idea what the crap you are talking about. Toughness is one thing. You might want to read about the great John Wooden who never said a profane word to his players. It seemed to work very well. Constant use of profanity and vulgar language just shows the lack of mental aptitude so obvious in this "coach." These guys are great players! They are certainly used to tough coaches but not personal attacks, threats, and constant negativity. BUT, with that being said, the main problem--and the one recognized by Stubbs- is the total lack of coaching ability in this program.

He's a joke.

Very true! He's a joke and a bully--period! And a complete liar.

You have no idea what the crap you are talking about. Toughness is one thing. You might want to read about the great John Wooden who never said a profane word to his players. It seemed to work very well. Constant use of profanity and vulgar language just shows the lack of mental aptitude so obvious in this "coach." These guys are great players! They are certainly used to tough coaches but not personal attacks, threats, and constant negativity. BUT, with that being said, the main problem--and the one recognized by Stubbs- is the total lack of coaching ability in this program.

It also helped that Wooden had a booster paying players, but I'll leave that there.

As for the rest, I guess I'll just go ahead and take my experience with division I teams and shove it.

VN Store

Back