1st timer seeing the vols in neyland. Need advice.

Hello fellas. Like the title says. I’m going to try to take my family to see the vols play this fall. I’m looking at the South Carolina game. I’ve been a vols fan all my life. I’m 42 now. Went to high school with a guy who played on the 98 national champ team. My dad farmed growing up, so I was usually listening to the great John Ward on the radio in the combine, or grain buggy, or 18 wheeler. Anyways. What are some of the do’s and don’t’s about game day. Where is/are the best places to sit? Obviously Tennessee terrace, or the east or west club would be nice but I can’t afford that. Unless someone who has those tickets would sell them reasonably. Looking for something in the $100-$125/seat range. This will be all of our (me, wife, daughter, and son) first time ever to visit neyland stadium. I would like to have a good family friendly experience. Best place to park. Etc. etc. etc. if I’m leaving anything out please tell me. Thank you all. Go Vols.

I love hearing stories like yours. I had a similar story years ago and got 2 season tickets in QQ for my wife and myself. I didn't like the cornered view and I had the guard rail to the upper deck box seats in my way, although the partial early shade was nice.

I gave those up and got lucky enough to be the first to reply to an email sent to about a hundred past season ticket holders for front row upper deck seats. I turned that 2 into 4 a year later by adding two seats beside mine that opened up. I've got great season tickets that I will never give up, regardless of wins and losses. Section BB row 1. It's around the 30 yard line front row upper deck on the visitors side.

Sun is a real issue in September day games, for sure. I usually sell those tickets or give them to clients.

Other than that you can't beat it. You have more leg room, can see every play develop, and have an unobstructed view. I added chairbacks this year so we will see if that's worth the extra $50/seat.

Its much less expensive than other areas and for me, can't be beat.

I sat in T row 1 once, bottom row in the stadium. Behind the QB and RB bench with Dobbs and Kamara for the shootout with Mizzouri where 100 points were scored. 63-37 game. I couldn't hardly see the wide receiver on the other side of the field. The game was an amazing high scoring affair and I saw very little of the actual game. If you want to see cheerleaders and cameras, that's all yours!

I always park at the Ronald McDonald house for a $25 "donation" and walk down to Calhouns for a meal and drinks, then to the Vol village for the kids to do the bounce house and get their faces painted. The Vol walk starts right across the street, I believe, so we catch that next. From there we usually hit the bookstore to shop for gear, then on in to the stadium. Its a do-able walk if able bodied, but it does make for tired legs by the end.

I hope that gives you a bird's eye view and if you want my tickets for the South Carolina game or any other, let me know. I'd love to share the enjoyment I get out of going with my family of four. We live in NC and go to an average of 3 per year. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the experience. I'm sure plenty of tickets will be available anywhere you want to sit. Dramsey0513@gmail.com

Last edited:
Reactions: CPA and gnm53108
Prepare yourself when you top that hill you're going to I see the most beautiful sight 2nd only to child birth

Hello fellas. Like the title says. I’m going to try to take my family to see the vols play this fall. I’m looking at the South Carolina game. I’ve been a vols fan all my life. I’m 42 now. Went to high school with a guy who played on the 98 national champ team. My dad farmed growing up, so I was usually listening to the great John Ward on the radio in the combine, or grain buggy, or 18 wheeler. Anyways. What are some of the do’s and don’t’s about game day. Where is/are the best places to sit? Obviously Tennessee terrace, or the east or west club would be nice but I can’t afford that. Unless someone who has those tickets would sell them reasonably. Looking for something in the $100-$125/seat range. This will be all of our (me, wife, daughter, and son) first time ever to visit neyland stadium. I would like to have a good family friendly experience. Best place to park. Etc. etc. etc. if I’m leaving anything out please tell me. Thank you all. Go Vols.
There will be tickets available thru UT ticket office I am sure and if not, message me. You're also welcome to come by my tailgate in g10.

If you don't like sitting in traffic, park out at the interstate. You will not have to sit in traffic for a second after the game. If you are interested, I can give you more details. There is some walking involved, but worth it, not to mention it is cheaper.

Thank you all. Wow. These are some very specific things. That’s awesome. Thank you all very much.
NCvolfan24. I just might take you up on them tickets. Thank you.

Reactions: ptcarter
what a great game to take your fam to. UT's coach, team, and opponents are all new, but we know this game and fans. Do the thing. YOU are UT now.

I gotta admit. It’s been tough in recent years, with a decent season mixed in throughout. My kids are fairly young. 11 and 9. They have never seen Tennessee be good. They always hear me talk about how they used to be richous in the 90s and stuff. They ask me sometimes. Is Tennessee ever gonna be good again? I’m like i hope so. I remember when they were richous. Lol

It might be somewhere in this thread and I’ve missed it...but after the Vol Walk, wait for the Pride of the Southland Band to march down the street—playing Rocky Top repeatedly. (You’ll love it...but your kids will be awed.) Eventually, they lead the crowd into the stadium. When they are right in front you, they are LOUD, impressive and great in number! We always hear Rocky Top played in unison...it’s cool to hear each section of different instruments play their particular note assignments independently. Makes one appreciate the complexity of the arrangement.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPA
It might be somewhere in this thread and I’ve missed it...but after the Vol Walk, wait for the Pride of the Southland Band to march down the street—playing Rocky Top repeatedly. (You’ll love it...but your kids will be awed.) Eventually, they lead the crowd into the stadium. When they are right in front you, they are LOUD, impressive and great in number! We always hear Rocky Top played in unison...it’s cool to each each section of different instruments play their particular note assignments independently. Makes one appreciate the complexity of the arrangement.

Ok. We will make it a point to do that. Along with most of the other suggestions, if time will allow. I used to play drums myself so I will enjoy that for sure. I’m sure we will all be in awe just trying to take it all in. Thank you.

VN Store

Back