1st Amway Coaches Poll - Tennessee is...

So LSU is 5th after losing all that talent from last year? Who is their QB?

See that’s why I think they should scrap pre season rankings. There’s no way LSU is #5 after losing all that talent. Not to mention the coaches they’ve lost. Brining Bo back helps but let’s be honest that offense was the center piece to that show.

See that’s why I think they should scrap pre season rankings. There’s no way LSU is #5 after losing all that talent. Not to mention the coaches they’ve lost. Brining Bo back helps but let’s be honest that offense was the center piece to that show.

Coaches must believe LSU is going to reload.

LSU is absolutely loaded this year...
QB Brynnan is very good.
Have a 5 star WRs along with Jh'Marr Chase.
A very fast defense. Loaded at RB.

We haven’t been ranked in the top 25 since September of 2017 it’s time be consistently back in the top 25 every year like we used to be.

Reactions: Volanta
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't want to be ranked in any poll at this time and then only if it is earned on the field.

I will also say that I find 19 and down laughable to be ranked higher, but I 100% support it and would not change it if I could.

Zero interest or trust in any pre-season poll of any kind. Let's finish fall practice first and maybe even play 1/2 the season before we start doing polls...but alas...it sells and gets clicks so I suspect we'll see them until the brutal end.

They are more than likely wromg. But it's the closest thing to football news we got so . . .
UT is being projected at #26, that too may be optimistic. However, if you think UT is gonna get the benefit of the doubt, then you haven't been watching for a while. with that being said, man I can't wait for those ranking numbers beside our name in the scorebox. However, pretty sure this season no matter what will be an asterisk year for everyone (which means Bama will claim another title regardless lol). Assuming we play at all

giphy.gif

Reactions: Big Al Orange
LSU is absolutely loaded this year...
QB Brynnan is very good.
Have a 5 star WRs along with Jh'Marr Chase.
A very fast defense. Loaded at RB.
I respectfully disagree. They lost almost their entire OL -- bad news for a green Qb. They lost multiple LBs and the DC. Yeah, Chase is an elite WR, but who's gonna get him the ball? What's Brennan ever done? We have 4 or 5 Qbs who could beat him out of a job.

Or Iowa State.
Tech does return everyone from a pretty good team.
See I don't see losing to Boston College, getting blown out by Duke, and losing to Kentucky in a bowl game as a good team. Add to that Fuente isn't a good coach, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they just have one of their top players opt out of playing this season?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You guys underestimating LSU.... they will be elite.
I follow them closely (family is from there), and they are loaded. Coach O has built them to Bama level. They are at the point of just re-loading year in and year out now.

Reactions: 08Vol
See I don't see losing to Boston College, getting blown out by Duke, and losing to Kentucky in a bowl game as a good team. Add to that Fuente isn't a good coach, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they just have one of their top players opt out of playing this season?
The thing is, they were the youngest team in the FBS last year. So they have loads of potential. They had a similar year to us last year minus the losses to KY and UVA, who aren't bad team's. I mean for the youngest team in the country that's pretty good. Didn't know about the player and this is Fuentes last chance.

Media putting to much stock into what we lost and our QB issues. I think we could beat 20-25 on defense and clock management alone with a Ms State JG.

VN Store

Back