1st Amendment Under Attack

Is this a Coronavirus thing? Is there a link to what the outrage is about? Right now this is LG level foolishness in my book.
I don't understand the "outrage" part. The west coast states are about to make it illegal to have an assembly of more than 250 people. Yes it's virus related. Does a public scare like this (and yes, it currently is a scare) give the government the ability to toss aside the Constitution? Ohio is going to limit it to 100+. How is this even legal? Will sports teams or other organizations that planned to go ahead with their planned activities be able to sue the government for lost revenue? Can't find a link now but saw it on the news today. Will provide when I get a firm link.

Reactions: NCFisher
I don't understand the "outrage" part. The west coast states are about to make it illegal to have an assembly of more than 250 people. Yes it's virus related. Does a public scare like this (and yes, it currently is a scare) give the government the ability to toss aside the Constitution? Ohio is going to limit it to 100+. How is this even legal? Will sports teams or other organizations that planned to go ahead with their planned activities be able to sue the government for lost revenue? Can't find a link now but saw it on the news today. Will provide when I get a firm link.
The start of the thread provided no context what so ever.

And I am against it. If me and 250 of my infected friends want to quarantine in the same place I wondering what they will do? And the wording will be key on the legislation.

The start of the thread provided no context what so ever.

And I am against it. If me and 250 of my infected friends want to quarantine in the same place I wondering what they will do? And the wording will be key on the legislation.
I haven't been able to find a link yet but am still looking. Even for a state with enforcement ability to consider side stepping an amendment is a little concerning.

I was about to read this post but a liberal swat team rappelled through my kitchen window and swatted my eyes with gay pride flags until I went blind.

I bet it was a very smart, constructive and informed opinion that would prompt the sort of egalitarian discourse which betters the social fabric of our great nation, but now I'll never know.
I hate when that happens.

It looks like this attack on 1A started at the very top. Here is an excerpt from the president's oval office address the other night:

"My administration is coordinating directly with communities with the largest outbreaks, and we have issued guidance on school closures, social distancing and reducing large gatherings.

Smart action today will prevent the spread of the virus tomorrow.

Every community faces different risks and it is critical for you to follow the guidelines of your local officials who are working closely with our federal health experts — and they are the best."

This oppression must stop.

Reactions: Rifleman
This is a weirdly paranoid thread.

I don’t understand for example in New York ( just saw it on Headline News) that all gatherings over 500 people are now banned . Doesn’t it seem odd that the purpose is to “control the spread “ but 500 is the magic number in NYC ?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back