1998 vs. 2001 Defense

LSUtigerFaninNO

question for yall, which of these two do you think was the best defense Chavis has ever fielded? I know both were absolutely LOADED.

BTW, looking forward to our game with you guys in October.

question for yall, which of these two do you think was the best defense Chavis has ever fielded? I know both were absolutely LOADED.

This isn't even a point of discussion amongst UT fans. The answer is 98, and it isn't even close. Let me offer a similar question: Which NFL team made the better draft pick of a QB in the 1998 NFL draft: Indianapolis or San Diego?

seems as though all of our opponents are looking forward to their games with us this year

1998 had
Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, Billy Ratliff, Raynoch Thompson, Al Wilson, Eric Westmoreland, Deon Grant, Dwayne Goodrich, and Fred White
2001 had
John Henderson,Will Overstreet, Al Hayensworth,Andre Lott, Eddie Moore, Julian Battle, and Fred Weary
hmmm I am drawing a blank.

I guess that answers your question!

Haha but seriously the LB Corp alone makes 1998 better

well 98 did lead UT to a title, so I understand

but I remember that 01 D had all kinds of future NFL players

Albert Haynesworth, John Henderson, Gibril Wilson, Jabari Greer, etc.

I'm willing to bet Al Wilson wouldn't have let a back up QB run the same QB draw half a dozen times in the second half.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The 01' D was loaded, but was missing the Al Wilson type that made everybody's game better.

98'

Man this is givin me chills just thinkin bout those teams. Hopefully we'll be able to field a team like those in the near future. :D

I'm willing to bet Al Wilson wouldn't have let a back up QB run the same QB draw half a dozen times in the second half.

Absolutely not. Mauck would have been on his behind seeing stars against Al. Also, Deon Grant gets overlooked a lot on the '98 D. He was a monster

Al was one of a kind. I wish we could've had him around to see how he handled the 'UF has 3rd and 1 - Here comes Tebow' plays that Meyer ran us into the ground with the last few years.

Al was one of a kind. I wish we could've had him around to see how he handled the 'UF has 3rd and 1 - Here comes Tebow' plays that Meyer ran us into the ground with the last few years.

Announcer: And Tebow runs behind the left tackle for a 1 yrd loss....wait he's not moving. Uh oh there goes the trainer. This looks bad for the Gators.

VN Store

Back