1998 Lady Vols vs 2010 UCONN?

Does anybody think our 98' Lady Vols can beat UCONN?

for sure 98,current vols no. personally,i do not think pat is starting the correct players. kamiko should start, brewer,glory johnson,strickland and manning.

strickland is a 2 or 3 not a point

the 98 team had consistent 3 point shooter unlike Angie Bjork

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Pat is right by NOT starting Kamiko. She is not consistent at all, and she scares me when she handles/passes the ball in traffic. I think the perfect five are the ones who started in the SEC tourney: Bjork, Strick, Cain, Brewer, Manning. The only one I might argue could be swapped out is Manning, since she is also inconsistent.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Pat is right by NOT starting Kamiko. She is not consistent at all, and she scares me when she handles/passes the ball in traffic. I think the perfect five are the ones who started in the SEC tourney: Bjork, Strick, Cain, Brewer, Manning. The only one I might argue could be swapped out is Manning, since she is also inconsistent.

Sorry1ladyvol but I couldn't disagree more. Alicia Manning has been the most consistent player throughout the season. Her toughness, rebounding and defense have totally elevated this team, especially in the latter part of the season. Stricklin should remain @ point though with Williams resting her intermittenly

For starting line-up, I'd like to see

Kamiko Williams @ point
Angie Bjorklund @ the #2 guard
Shekinna Stricklen @ the #3 guard
Alicia Manning @ the #4 forward
Glory Johnson @ the #5 forward

Kelley Cain gets into foul trouble too much and Alyssia Brewer is still inconsistent although I think they are both suited to come off the bench and give good minutes. I'd like to see Taber Spani step up more. I feel she has a lot of untapped potential.

Manning IS consistent and gets a ton of rebounds. Williams is young, but she's best suited for the point spot so Angie and Strickland can roam and get 3's or drive. Williams also has a sweet mid-range jump shot and is always a threat to drive. Johnson is just a great, pure athletic player.

The '98 Lady Vols could play this year's UConn 100 times and I think it would be about 50-50. They're very even.

To be honest, I think the UConn team with Bird and Taurasi that went undefeated would beat either one of them. Geno himself has said about the same thing, and I think he is right.

The '98 Lady Vols could play this year's UConn 100 times and I think it would be about 50-50. They're very even.

To be honest, I think the UConn team with Bird and Taurasi that went undefeated would beat either one of them. Geno himself has said about the same thing, and I think he is right.

That was a very good team.

VN Store

Back