1997 SEC Championship Game vs Auburn on SECN

It wasn't pretty. 6 turnovers, several dropped passes and we had an extra point blocked and returned the other way for 2. Terry Fair fumbled two punts. Jermaine Copeland batted a perfectly thrown pass up in the air for an easy interception which killed a long drive of ours and led to a long return, that set up an Auburn TD. Marcus Nash had a fumble turned into a scoop and score... even the normally sure-handed Cedrick Wilson dropped a wide open pass. Rarely will a team play like that and still win the game.

Reactions: Tnphil
Agree.....We played a ugly game to have won it. Reminds me of some of the play we've had the last decade.

Reactions: ArdentVol
5 or 6 turnovers but UT was good enough to overcome the mistakes.

It was so loud in the GA Dome that night. Listen closely and what do you NOT hear? No WOooooo in Rocky Top as it freakin' should be!
First Woooo debate of the offseason...went too long! It's too ingrained now, unless we bring back the voice of Bobby Denton..."We urge you to pay these prices, and pay WOOOO NO MORE!

First Woooo debate of the offseason...went too long! It's too ingrained now, unless we bring back the voice of Bobby Denton..."We urge you to pay these prices, and pay WOOOO NO MORE!

I will forever lead the No Woooo charge as well as be a champion for bringing back the white goal post pads! UT hasn't won ish since they were changed to that mis-colored orange.

Remember sitting in Lulu's after the game and watching Peyton and Trey T walk in. They got quite the ovation

One of the most bizarre games I’ve ever seen. It’s hard to lose 4 fumbles, throw 2 picks, give up a pick 6 and get a PAT run back for 2 points, and still win. I think Auburn ended up with something like -10 yards rushing.

VN Store

Back