1990 100 Years of Volunteers Football Cards

Doug Atkins helped me get enough cases of the highs & the lows to build about 400 sets for the two of us combined. I thought I was through with them in 1998 or 1999 and gave all my extras to the Principal at my former middle school to give away. It was probably 3 full monster boxes of various numbers. In 2016 I was tasked with the disposal of his collection which contained a bunch of extras from the set. I have done my best to assist others that are setting on near completed sets and still have 2000 to 3000 of extras. .....What part of the tri-cities? I lived in Jonesborough from 1978 thru 1986, in Davy Crockett Sub Division, just west of 5 Points.

Grew up in Kingsport but left in 1987 for the Army and retired in Virginia Beach for the last 14 years.

There was a poster for 100 years of Volunteers.....it had a background of Gene McIver (I think) in dark muted colors with a smaller Chuck Webb in color running straight at you.

Please let me know if any of you know where one might be attained.

This thread brought back great memories. I don't think I have all 294, but I'm gonna look. I do have a Doug Atkins signed print of him in uniform, he was such a great guy! I would love to see a list of the 294 greatest Vols, if anyone has a list.

So, I am still here sitting on ready to help other Vol Fans to complete their sets. I also want to hear from members that have batches of extra cards they need to part with. I am also awaiting a mailing address from member orangefloyd for the #290 he needs to complete. It will come to him at no charge if he or she will provide a mailing address.

The last box I bought was $35.00 including shipping. I bought a lot of 29 unopened packs yesterday for $25.00 including shipping.

Or, I would trade one of my complete sets for your box of un-opened.

I have a single box with all the cards still in the foil packets.
Still looking for unopened boxes or packs. easleywayne51@gmail.com

I have a box of these. All unopened packs. :D
Would you be interested in trading your box for a complete hand built set of 294?

Would you be interested in trading your box for a complete hand built set of 294?

At this time I wouldn't. There is just something romantic about a box of unopened cards to me. I even have boxes of Topps and Upper Deck baseball cards from the late 80s/early 90s that I would not part with either. This is part of my retirement collection, so I am going to hold onto them all for the next 10-15 years as they can only go up in value I hope.

Thank you for the offer though. IT is tempting.

I am now searching for 30 cards (several duplicates) to complete 3 additional sets. Anyone with extras stored away that want to do some trading, please contact me via email.

There was a poster for 100 years of Volunteers.....it had a background of Gene McIver (I think) in dark muted colors with a smaller Chuck Webb in color running straight at you.

Please let me know if any of you know where one might be attained.
Not for sale but this is the poster I have that I think you are referring to...I know this an old post but thought I would post it in case it helped. 799E270E-964E-44DC-9D45-0E86B642E1A3.jpeg

Reactions: Plano Vol

VN Store

Back