1981 NCAAT UT v VCU

Dale Ellis. Michael Brooks. Howard Wood. Steve Ray. Ed Littleton. Gary Carter.

This is why the 45 second shot clock was added. One shot taken in OT.

Like UT/Temple '73 wasn't convincing enough? What a mind and butt numbing game that was. Would have loved a cell phone to use back then. Solitaire. Checkers....anything.

Like UT/Temple '73 wasn't convincing enough? What a mind and butt numbing game that was. Would have loved a cell phone to use back then. Solitaire. Checkers....anything.

At least there weren’t so many whistles and the games didn’t take nearly as long. No under 16:00, 12:00, 8:00, or 4:00 time outs. No endless reviews. Time outs only took one or two minutes. Only 2 refs calling what they see. Plus multi-minute possessions tended to keep the game clock moving. Sometime around this era they’d even call some intentionals on the late game fouling strategy - but that didn’t last many seasons.

Ahhh, my junior year at the University of Tennessee. Watched the game with friends at The End Zone. Anybody remember it? On the corner of Cumberland and 17th Street, right up from Gus's Deli.

I was at the next game against UVA. And the other game that night when Danny Ainge went the length of the court to beat Notre Dame.
in Atlanta? I remember the game because I was fishing up in Joyce Kilmer/Slickrock and got back right before the tip.

Last edited:
Ahhh, my junior year at the University of Tennessee. Watched the game with friends at The End Zone. Anybody remember it? On the corner of Cumberland and 17th Street, right up from Gus's Deli.
Yep did a few years at Greeve Penitentiary for being a cheaparsemofo

Reactions: LibertyVol

No shot clock
No 3 point line
A stall
An actual Jump Ball
2 referees
No media timeouts
A midrange jumper for the win
Not a single phone or computer
No scoreboard graphic

What sport was that again?

VN Store

Back