1943 was the last time

We've had a heckuva run, but UK is catching us at a really good time. Know we're at home, but they're still smarting from the beating we gave them earlier. With the regular season title in the books, it's only natural to lose a bit of our edge and that's not a good thing against a team with the talent UK possesses. Plus, for some reason, these "senior days" or days we recognize greats seems to bring out less than stellar performances from us. When that team gets rolling, they can be a real problem. I think we see UK stealing this one from us on Saturday. Felt 3-1 was about the best we could hope for in this 4 game stretch anyway.
Lmao, at least you stay on brand.

Meaningless to you? That doesn't make it meaningless.
Meaningless to me as well. Nothing good comes from playing 3 games in 3 days - while other conferences finish their tournaments the week before or on Saturday.
Purely a moneymaker for the SEC and media folks.
Yes, these are healthy young guys - but rest and recovery is far more important than playing at this point.

We've had a heckuva run, but UK is catching us at a really good time. Know we're at home, but they're still smarting from the beating we gave them earlier. With the regular season title in the books, it's only natural to lose a bit of our edge and that's not a good thing against a team with the talent UK possesses. Plus, for some reason, these "senior days" or days we recognize greats seems to bring out less than stellar performances from us. When that team gets rolling, they can be a real problem. I think we see UK stealing this one from us on Saturday. Felt 3-1 was about the best we could hope for in this 4 game stretch anyway.

It sucks for both of us to be right. 😏🏀🤷

Basketball conference tournaments are meaningless. Having the best record after playing 18 conference games is way more impressive than winning 3-4 games in a row, in 3-4 days, on a neutral court, a week before the real tournament starts.

Conference tournaments are only meaningful to the teams that only have a shot at making the NCAA tournament by winning the conference tournament. It wouldn’t surprise me if Texas A&M or LSU won the conference tournament. Does that mean they are the best team in the SEC? Of course not. We know who the best team is after 18 games.
Yup. Once a crappy Georgia team won the tournament, while playing two games in one day, that pretty much convinced me the tournament is a pile of money making goo.

Reactions: KoachKrab127

VN Store

Back