'19 SC SF Josiah James

He makes difficult passes look easy, and doesn’t mind settling for an extra pass. He also has a better shot than folks are giving him credit for here. He has the foot speed to get past player, with the ball in his hands. And he plays defense. If you’ve got video to show otherwise pleas share.

Yep...this

He makes difficult passes look easy, and doesn’t mind settling for an extra pass. He also has a better shot than folks are giving him credit for here. He has the foot speed to get past player, with the ball in his hands. And he plays defense. If you’ve got video to show otherwise pleas share.

I stand corrected
Smooth and keeps his head up. Sees the floor extremely well.

Jordan Josiah James or "Triple J" as I have been told has been playing incredibly well for Porter Gaud. This year, the team is just 10-7 but graduated two D1 players (1 at Vandy and 1 at Yale). The rest of the team is a bit undersized so he is having to play an even larger role with an incredibly high usage rate. Porter Gaud and Triple J are three-time defending state champions in the private school league and he is looking to four-peat. Pretty cool.

There will be a live broadcast of his game on the NFHS network on 1/11. Check it out here.

Why the concern about an early exit after one year if his shooting is so-so? He does look the part of an NBA pg, though...whoa.

Hope he understands Barnes won't tolerate taking a play or two off defensively.

Why the concern about an early exit after one year if his shooting is so-so? He does look the part of an NBA pg, though...whoa.

Just him being a 5 star. Doubt he leaves after one year unless he just has a crazy year.

Him and grant are pretty close. Grant doesnt seem like the type to associate himself with someone who takes plays off. Pretty sure james know's he cant.

4_4741478.jpg

Josiah James

3* player, 6'6" 195lbs., SF, high school sophomore,
Porter-Gaud High School, Charleston, SC,
Class of 2019

Future 150 is the only recruiting site that I could find any rankings on this recruit. They have him ranked #225th overall for the 2019 class.

247 Sports

Scout

Max Preps

Future 150

Phenom Hoop Report

UT has offered along with South Carolina, College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, & Georgia Tech to date.
I miss tony lol

Reactions: vols 30

He will be a much better shooter after spending a year with Barns. We may have another SEC player of the year with him.

Also, the woman you see in this link yelling "Shut the Front Door..." That is his mother. I have been to numerous games of his... and she well never stops talking. Nothing negative. But it is constant commentary. "Good job Josiah, pass the ball Josiah, put it up Josiah, get that rebound, Josiah." Been told in confidence people are ready for her to graduate with him.

She needs to be on VolNation ASAP.

VN Store

Back