'19 MD PF Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua (Signed 5/8/2019)

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
dmsemhahcsiwoustopu8

Bishop Walsh School
Cumberland, MD (via Finland)
6'8

Rivals
HUDL

Tennessee didn’t seem to get serious about Nkamhoua until February, but he’s now a firm take for the Vols after Rick Barnes made a trek to see him in person and offered him on the spot two months ago. He’s already visited Illinois and Pittsburgh this spring and is set to be in Knoxville next weekend for an official visit. An international prospect from Finland, Nkamhoua was flying well under the radar until this winter. That was largely due to the fact that he broke his leg as a junior and few people had seen him.
Our national recruiting guru Corey Evans had a chance to see him in person this winter against high level competition and called him the ‘perfect small ball power forward’ for today’s game. He brings a variety of skills to the table at 6-foot-8. He can handle it, bang inside, knock down threes and guard multiple positions. He looks a lot like the kind of under the radar but skilled prospect that Barnes has used in his first four years to turn Tennessee’s program around.
-VQ

Seriously, tho. Isn't this the player who played PG that has grown like 6 inches in a year? Could be very interesting.

"He looks a lot like the kind of under the radar but skilled prospect that Barnes has used in his first four years to turn Tennessee’s program around."

Sounds good to me.

Reactions: feathersax
reminds me a little of Grant Williams. Not is bulk but in versatility.
Agreed, but Grant's body profile changed significantly after a couple of years of weight training at Tennessee....Admiral, too. Appears to be a terrific prospect.

If we really want this kid he's a must get. Really no excuse for not being able to close the deal if that's the case

If we really want this kid he's a must get. Really no excuse for not being able to close the deal if that's the case
The fact he’s taken 2/4 OV’s awhile ago and didn’t commit is a great sign imo, obviously wants to see Tennessee...has a Minnesota OV scheduled for week after Tennessee visit so we will see if that OV happens. I would think right now Vols are in a pretty good spot though.

Only potential wrench I see is if GW is giving the staff any indications he’s seriously considering a return, have to think they’re only taking ORN if GW is gone.

Tennessee continues to be active in the late period, looking to add to the 2019 class. On that front, the Vols will host forward Oliver Robison-Nkamhoua (6-foot-8, 210 pounds) on an official visit this weekend. Originally from Finland, his recruitment was under-the-radar until this winter when he really started turning some heads with his play.
He broke his leg as a junior and missed the entire season which made him a dark horse, but that’s changed. He’s already visited Pittsburgh and Illinois in the last month. Maryland was at one time thought to be a major player but that no longer appears to be the case. Tennessee likes his versatility and long term potential.
-VQ

Looks like a good prospect.

If Barnes wants him then Im all for him.

Him,Cone,and a good grad transfer post would be ideal.

That last sentence is what kind of scares me about him, and confirms a bit of what I saw when I watched him play. "Long-term potential" is not a phrase that I like hearing with regards to a post player we are swinging for in the spring. I'd much rather take a shot on a grad transfer that will contribute as much as ORN would as a freshmen, and then look to use that scholarship on a more talented post player in 2020 where we seem to have more momentum and options.

That last sentence is what kind of scares me about him, and confirms a bit of what I saw when I watched him play. "Long-term potential" is not a phrase that I like hearing with regards to a post player we are swinging for in the spring. I'd much rather take a shot on a grad transfer that will contribute as much as ORN would as a freshmen, and then look to use that scholarship on a more talented post player in 2020 where we seem to have more momentum and options.
Unless they like his long term potential more than say that of PJ Hall? Or Dylan Cardwell? I’m not saying that is necessarily the case, but if that is how they feel then it makes sense.

Unless they like his long term potential more than say that of PJ Hall? Or Dylan Cardwell? I’m not saying that is necessarily the case, but if that is how they feel then it makes sense.
Have not watched Cardwell, but I would be shocked if they liked his potential more than that of Hall. Hall looks like a pretty good player to me. But maybe they don't feel like they are in on many 2020 bigs they like better than ORN. I really want to be wrong about him.

Have not watched Cardwell, but I would be shocked if they liked his potential more than that of Hall. Hall looks like a pretty good player to me. But maybe they don't feel like they are in on many 2020 bigs they like better than ORN. I really want to be wrong about him.
Their board is definitely thin at the post position for 2020, I agree Hall is a nice prospect, but like I said maybe they’re weighing ORN against their chances with a post who they like as good long term...again I’m not saying it has to be what we think, but if that’s how they feel then it makes sense.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols

VN Store

Back