CagleMtnVol

4_5317473.jpg

6'1
CLASS OF 19
KENTWOOD, LA
(KENTWOOD)

Trey Palmer, Kentwood, Wide Receiver
Trey Palmer, 2019 Athlete - Rivals.com

I like where we are with receivers. We need to find LBs and DBs in the portal.

We have 12 free spots since we only signed 20 yesterday. There is plenty of room.

We lose Velus, Payton, and (possibly) Tillman. That's almost your entire production from the WR position. We absolutely have to get a transfer WR or else we'll be relying mightily on a bunch of freshmen to contribute which is less than ideal.

I like where we are with receivers. We need to find LBs and DBs in the portal.
How do you like where we are at WR? Hyatt cant catch, Keyton trips over his own feet, Callaway has promise but has showed nothing.. and there isnt much behind those guys except a developmental stuff you guys have been sold a bag of goods on by recruiting services.

How do you like where we are at WR? Hyatt cant catch, Keyton trips over his own feet, Callaway has promise but has showed nothing.. and there isnt much behind those guys except a developmental stuff you guys have been sold a bag of goods on by recruiting services.
We are better there especially with our signees yesterday, than LBs and DBs.

Do you want to find out who is behind Banks, in the event he should be ejected from a game next year?

Reactions: StoVol
We have 12 free spots since we only signed 20 yesterday. There is plenty of room.

We lose Velus, Payton, and (possibly) Tillman. That's almost your entire production from the WR position. We absolutely have to get a transfer WR or else we'll be relying mightily on a bunch of freshmen to contribute which is less than ideal.
I don't think the 85 hard cap allows us to take 12 more.

Reactions: walkenvol

We're not taking but 4 to 5 transfers to go with the 20 or so signees.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
We've had quite a few portal people this season (Maurer, Bailey, Morven, etc.) Don't we get 7 slots to replace the transfers on top of the 25 HS spots?
Hubbs has said the number will probably 26 or 27. Super Seniors will also now count against the 85 (didn’t last year) so Hooker, Carvin, and whoever decides to come back. We may also keep scholarships open for potential self imposed sanctions.

I'm not sure why Tennessee would be interested in this one, he's not a bad player but he's kind of mehh about 80% of the time. He has had some big plays here and there, most recently in LSU's last game against TAM. He split some defenders and a screen and went to the house. He struggles though at times. But on the flip side he does work hard and he is a good kid. Time wise I would think he would have 2 years of eligible.

Deion Smith is the guy you really want, he's a game changer type player (potentially 1st round type talent), a little immature. I figured he would have already signed away to Ole Miss, not sure if he is looking for money or what.

VN Store

Back