'19 JUCO RB/SS Caleb Roebuck

He explained it in his post... "based on film"

Sounds to me like he's just not buying the 40 time, which is fair. 4.46 at 205 is very rare for a high schooler.

He's not a high schooler.

He's not a high schooler.

The point is he's a bigger guy who hasn't been in a real S&C program, so it's fair for GFW to doubt the 40.

But as I said above, I believe the 40 time. He just doesn't have any highlights that display his speed. Being a kick returner is an indication that he's one of the fastest players on his team, which would make me think he's at least got 4.5-4.6 speed if I hadn't of read the reported 40 time.

Who really cares though? Even if he runs 4.6 he's fast enough to be an SEC running back.

His film doesn't look that way to me anyway. Maybe close to 4.7ish

Could be. That'd make him comparable to Kamryn Pettway, Darrel Williams, Lavon Coleman, and Ronald Jones. I didn't really see enough on his highlights to make a guess. Just don't think he'd be returning kicks at a juco if he were slow.

The point is he's a bigger guy who hasn't been in a real S&C program, so it's fair for GFW to doubt the 40.

But as I said above, I believe the 40 time. He just doesn't have any highlights that display his speed. Being a kick returner is an indication that he's one of the fastest players on his team, which would make me think he's at least got 4.5-4.6 speed if I hadn't of read the reported 40 time.

Who really cares though? Even if he runs 4.6 he's fast enough to be an SEC running back.

I read somewhere that he returned one for an 80yd touchdown. That's good enough for me on what his speed is.

He is a JUCO....

Edit: sorry didn't see your reply to Sleegro.

No worries. And I'm not meaning to sound argumentative. The 40 time is a petty issue, IMO. And if he ends us playing fullback for us that's great... a good fullback can change a game. See Jacob Hester.

lots of worrying over this.... like I said, I'm looking at the film and making a judgment based on my very very limited football knowledge. At the end of the day, my opinion does not matter, and I trust the coaches have a much clearer idea of what position they want him to play.

I am sure this kid is fast, but from what I can see, he came from a triple O offense in H.S. where physicality is at an all time high. Couple that with a great frame to add the necessary weight, an ideal skillset for a fullback, and familiarity lead blocking, and he could be a nasty option for us down the road at the position.

The staff has mentioned they want to use a fullback, and have even put some of our TE's and LB's there to try them out. Why is it that huge of a stretch for me to personally assume this might be a future FB option?

I'm not seeing him as an SEC RB/safety, but I'd love to be wrong. Perhaps it's as a long snapper, who knows until someone gets the interview.

And what's the issue with gaining 30-40 pounds? That's why we pay Fitz a million bucks a year. Gain the weight, keep the speed, lead block for a lethal TN offense for 2-3 years.

but hey who knows maybe he's being recruited at RB and I'm just an idiot watching hudl. Probably a better chance it's that than anything =P.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
lots of worrying over this.... like I said, I'm looking at the film and making a judgment based on my very very limited football knowledge. At the end of the day, my opinion does not matter, and I trust the coaches have a much clearer idea of what position they want him to play.

I am sure this kid is fast, but from what I can see, he came from a triple O offense in H.S. where physicality is at an all time high. Couple that with a great frame to add the necessary weight, an ideal skillset for a fullback, and familiarity lead blocking, and he could be a nasty option for us down the road at the position.

The staff has mentioned they want to use a fullback, and have even put some of our TE's and LB's there to try them out. Why is it that huge of a stretch for me to personally assume this might be a future FB option?

I'm not seeing him as an SEC RB/safety, but I'd love to be wrong. Perhaps it's as a long snapper, who knows until someone gets the interview.

And what's the issue with gaining 30-40 pounds? That's why we pay Fitz a million bucks a year. Gain the weight, keep the speed, lead block for a lethal TN offense for 2-3 years.

but hey who knows maybe he's being recruited at RB and I'm just an idiot watching hudl. Probably a better chance it's that than anything =P.

40lbs can't really just be gained in muscle without putting on negative weight. Then building that into muscle which means he has a possibility of losing some speed and quickness.

If you want him to gain 40lbs of sheer muscle without adding on negative weight you are talking a year or more of lifting and eating just to add mass.

That's why I believe it is unrealistic for this guy who supposedly runs a 4.46 to gain 40lbs to become a FB when they can just find some kid in high school who is almost at 245 put some pure muscle on him and go be a lead blocker for our RBs.

Edit: plus the guy is a JUCO you going to make him sit a year or more to add weight when you could just do that with a Freshman?

Last edited:
i don't see the speed for anything other than FB. I see the physicality for FB and with an added 30-40 pounds, a fullback.

I doubt he's being recruited for anything else, besides maaaaybe SS.

Just based on the film, could be wrong, likely am

Naturally strong kid.

He's already 210 imo.
20 more lbs and he's ready.

Jumping out of a pool is a sign of great explosion and raw strength.

40lbs can't really just be gained in muscle without putting on negative weight. Then building that into muscle which means he has a possibility of losing some speed and quickness.

If you want him to gain 40lbs of sheer muscle without adding on negative weight you are talking a year or more of lifting and eating just to add mass.

That's why I believe it is unrealistic for this guy who supposedly runs a 4.46 to gain 40lbs to become a FB when they can just find some kid in high school who is almost at 245 put some pure muscle on him and go be a lead blocker for our RBs.

Edit: plus the guy is a JUCO you going to make him sit a year or more to add weight when you could just do that with a Freshman?

Idk man, do you want me to try and continue arguing my opinion or just agree to disagree lol, neither of us know anything

Reactions: 2 people
Idk man, do you want me to try and continue arguing my opinion or just agree to disagree lol, neither of us know anything

Man...one of the best fullbacks Tennessee EVER had ran a 4.37 at the NFL Combine. And he was 230 lbs.

6'2 230 lbs running a 4.5 with aggression is a damn battering ram.

He needs to add 20 lbs...his lower body is already very developed.

Yeah this kid can be that.
Because versitile tough fullbacks are hard to find these days.

Jalsotn Fowler was the last FB Bama had. And they let him run the ball too. He had like 7tds...

Reactions: 1 person
I watched the kids Hudl film from his Frosh year and he definitely looks darn fast. Just real tight in the hips. I could see him transitioning to FB or LB. Maybe even WR but he’d need a bunch of work. Has some wiggle.

Depends on how long they put on 40 pounds. If it's in one season then it'll be "negative". It also depends on genetics and diet. Diet can limit fat with muscle gain but usually it's impossible to stop it completely. If he's a fullback, it's okay to have good balance of muscle and fat.

Man...one of the best fullbacks Tennessee EVER had ran a 4.37 at the NFL Combine. And he was 230 lbs.

6'2 230 lbs running a 4.5 with aggression is a damn battering ram.

He needs to add 20 lbs...his lower body is already very developed.

Yeah this kid can be that.
Because versitile tough fullbacks are hard to find these days.

Jalsotn Fowler was the last FB Bama had. And they let him run the ball too. He had like 7tds...

Yep. Some of those kids from North Carolina are very good athletes.

VN Store

Back