Pinson, AL (Pinson Valley)
Dual-Threat Quarterback
Ht 6-1
Wt 180
CLASS OF 19

247 - http://247sports.com/Player/Bo-Nix-77945

SCOUT - http://www.scout.com/player/206295-bo-nix

HUDL - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5467576/bo-nix

ESPN - http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/210473/bo-nix

RIVALS - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/96729

OFFERS - Aubby, FSU, tOSU, Bama, Cincy, UGa, KY, MTSU, OleMiss, OkSt, SouMiss, Vols

Son of Auburn QB Patrick Nix.
Nice offer list. MVP of Nike’s “The Opening” Atlanta regional recruiting camp Sunday.

At Nike’s “The Opening” Atlanta regional recruiting camp Sunday, 2019 quarterback Bo Nix, who has a Tennessee offer and is the Vols’ central focus for 2019 quarterbacks currently, showed up to compete. Despite the fact that Nix was up against 50 other quarterbacks from the classes of 2018-2021, Nix walked away with the quarterback MVP award for his effort.

“I come in expecting to be the best and I think everybody does,” Nix told SEC Country. “I wasn’t really shocked when I got (the MVP).”

Nix topped some seriously stiff competition on Sunday, including 2018 quarterbacks Emory Jones, an Ohio State commit, and Cade Fortin, a Texas A&M commit.

-SECCountry

While evaluations are still coming in on Nix, precluding him from 247Sports’ composite rankings, he’s sure to be one of the top quarterbacks in the 2019 class. His scouting report from 247Sports ranks him as the No. 2 dual-threat passer in the class with a 4-star, 90 grade. When including pro-style passers, Nix ranks as the fifth-best quarterback in the Class of 2019.

Nix attended a Tennessee camp last summer where he received his offer from the Vols. In total, he has 11 offers including Auburn, where his father Patrick Nix played quarterback. His dad also spent years in the coaching ranks at Georgia Tech and Miami before taking the head coaching job at Scottsboro (Ala.) High School. Bo Nix will play for his father at Pinson (Ala.) Valley in 2017.

Reactions: 1 person
I had the pleasure of watching this kid last year at Scottsboro. I graduated HS with some of his former coaches at Scottsboro. He's the real deal. He almost single-handedly took them to state. They lost to the eventual 6A state champs. He has told several people that he doesn't feel obligated to follow in his father's footsteps and is open to going elsewhere besides Auburn.

Reactions: 2 people
I had the pleasure of watching this kid last year at Scottsboro. I graduated HS with some of his firmer coaches at Scottsboro. He's the real deal. He almost single-handedly took them to state. They lost to the eventual 6A state champs. He has told several people that he doesn't Feel obligated to follow in his father's footsteps and is open to going elsewhere besides Auburn.

That is unusual for a Barn legacy.

I had the pleasure of watching this kid last year at Scottsboro. I graduated HS with some of his former coaches at Scottsboro. He's the real deal. He almost single-handedly took them to state. They lost to the eventual 6A state champs. He has told several people that he doesn't feel obligated to follow in his father's footsteps and is open to going elsewhere besides Auburn.

Also..I didn't know you lived in that area. I was in Albertville/Guntersville for 6 years. I love that area.

I was born in Huntsville, raised in Scottsboro, graduated from SHS, but currently live in Birmingham. I also went saw his dad play several games at Auburn when I was a teen. So full circle'd here

I was born in Huntsville, raised in Scottsboro, graduated from SHS, but currently live in Birmingham. I also went saw his dad play several games at Auburn when I was a teen. So full circle'd here

How in the world did you end up a Vol? :) Kids I know that go to UT, but grew up Barners or Bammers, would choke before they turned.

There is a significant Vol following in Scottsboro. Some work across the line in TN.

I wonder if his family is related to the Nix who coaches at UTC for a while?

Last edited:
I had no idea Patrick Nix was old enough to have a kid in high school. He looks like a great prospect, really good offer list.

i went to school with his dad;and grandfather was my science teacher at etowah high school!i would be shockedif he didnt go to auburn;that family is all war eagle!i hope im wrong tho!

How in the world did you end up a Vol? :) Kids I know that go to UT, but grew up Barners or Bammers, would choke before they turned.

My dad is from McMinn Co, TN. He raised me right.

My dad wormed for TVA for 37 years, and got his start at Bellefonte in Hollywood, AL, just a few miles north of Scottsboro.

Reactions: 1 person
My dad is from McMinn Co, TN. He raised me right.

My dad wormed for TVA for 37 years, and got his start at Bellefonte in Hollywood, AL, just a few miles north of Scottsboro.

That's cool. I lived in the Five points area between Guntersville state park and Langston on the other side of the lake from Scottsboro for a few years. I lived it there. My wife's family are all from Scottsboro, Albertville and Stevenson. My oldest daughter, and her husband moved back to Guntersville when she finished school last year. If I'm down in the fall, I may go check Nix out.

What about his teammate ethan edmondson at scottsborro? He plays de/te. He looks like a good prospect. Heard he can't stay off the wacky weed though.

VN Store

Back