'18 TN RB Master Teague

Yes Master is a high character kid. From the day he got tOSU offer his recruitment was a done deal. His recruiting from a UT standpoint was 100% dead when CJP got here so please stop making stuff up. The same guy who trains him does work for NPA and his dream was tOSU. Honestly he likes it there so much I can see him staying. On the flip side I can see him transferring to get more PT but in all honesty I can see him staying and being ok with being a role guy next yr.

A kid even tangentially related to NPA wasn’t interested in UT??!!!??! Whaaaaaa!!!!!

I. Am. Shocked.

Reactions: orange blossom
I don't care what he does. Go, stay, don't matter cause he's not a Vol. We good. Why are so many enamored with players who chose other schools? He sisnt want to wear Orange. Now, true freshman are carrying the load for the Buckeyes.

We’re relying heavily on transfers this year and will next year too.

Lol

We are going to win 7 games in year 1, maybe 8 with a bowl win, and you think 6-7 wins per year is our ceiling unless we start cheating??? Haha
The only thing funny is you think it's automatic that a team wins more games in year 2, 3, etc. You do realize people graduate, leave, etc.

I understand and can support that decision. My comment was more toward the questions of why he wasnt in the portal. Its entirely too early for him to be in the portal and still playing.
He’ll have plenty of options.

Tennessee never had a shot with him...remember our circumstances. We were going through yet another coaching change and Pruitt and Co (we now know) were shady as crap. I don't think we ever recruited this kid "hard". This kid is as high character of a kid as I have ever seen. He is the EXACT type of kid you want to be a part of your program...even if it is short term for a year. The point is that he isn't staying at OSU next year. I think he is a take for us all day long.
We did recruit Master very hard. Coach G was in his ear all the time. His little brother was a big Josh Dobbs fan and on his visit they made sure Dobbs came and spent time with him.

Teague is a great kid. His recruitment was complete prior to Jones being fired. He wasn’t pushed anywhere. Parents are professors. He was really concerned with academics. He loved OSU. Was asked to come for a visit that turned into Showcase. Urban asked him to run for staff.

He ran a 4.3 and was offered on the spot.

The post that he was pushed anywhere is not only ridiculous but fabricated. There was a coach on that staff who was a fan of OSU but he wasn’t the HC. I’ve known David Watson (HC) for about 40 years. He’s not a fan of Ohio St. He played at MTSU.

I know this isn’t as spicy as someone led him away from us but we were a disaster his Senior year in HS. His family didn’t want anything to do with our dysfunction.

Y’all keep trying to explain why kids went elsewhere when I’m looking at Butch Jones

Teague is a great kid. His recruitment was complete prior to Jones being fired. He wasn’t pushed anywhere. Parents are professors. He was really concerned with academics. He loved OSU. Was asked to come for a visit that turned into Showcase. Urban asked him to run for staff.

The post that he was pushed anywhere is not only ridiculous but fabricated. There was a coach on that staff who was a fan of OSU but he wasn’t the HC. I’ve known David Watson (HC) for about 40 years. He’s not a fan of Ohio St. He played at MTSU.

I know this isn’t as spicy as someone led him away from us but we were a disaster his Senior year in HS. His family didn’t want anything to do with our dysfunction.

Y’all keep trying to explain why kids went elsewhere when I’m looking at Butch Jones
giphy (93).gif

I don't care what he does. Go, stay, don't matter cause he's not a Vol. We good. Why are so many enamored with players who chose other schools? He didn't want to wear Orange. Now, true freshman are carrying the load for the Buckeyes.
Good. I don’t care either. Why are you b!+ching at me about it?

Cause you fail to see he's not transferring here.
Not here you weren’t. No biggie. :)Just don’t want to be lumped into those you said were enamored with guys who didn’t chose UT. I’m not. College kids can make their own choices and I respect each ones decision.:)
I'd you could read Pee, you'd see I was chiming in on your post in agreement with you. Be easy.

You sir win the Power Ball I've been saying this for a few years 10nyeara of dysfunctional bs has kids and parents looking elsewhere. The one lying SOB who tried to blame someone else for his and UT dysfunction as to why he was getting whooped by other schools for in-state recruits was Lying Lyle Jones and ppl ran with this and blamed NPA. The story grew legs and is still a legendary folklore to this day.

You sir win the Power Ball I've been saying this for a few years 10nyeara of dysfunctional bs has kids and parents looking elsewhere. The one lying SOB who tried to blame someone else for his and UT dysfunction as to why he was getting whooped by other schools for in-state recruits was Lying Lyle Jones and ppl ran with this and blamed NPA. The story grew legs and is still a legendary folklore to this day.

Those days are over, we have a grown up in charge now. Tangible results can be seen on the field and in the locker room. It’s time to get on the bus, or get run over.

Have you changed your tune on Heupel yet, since he’s shown he can coach ball at this level?

VN Store

Back